I am buying a home in Cambria Heights, NY and need to have a land survey done-can I get a copy of the last one done in Oct 2009?

Asked by Lisa, Fresh Meadows, NY Wed Apr 25, 2012

My goal here is to avoid spending extra money. If a copy exist for prior sale in 2009, can I just get a copy of that one? And where? Online? Thanks!

Answers

6
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Apr 25, 2012
The question can best be answered by your attorney, therefore consider a consultation; keep in mind that a survey is for your protection, highly advisable to have a new one ordered....
Robbie Vaughn, Agent, Mineola, NY
Wed Apr 25, 2012
A survey is very important! Ever hear of Adverse Possession? I doubt your title co. would insure w/o a new survey or at least a cert. Of an old one. Talk to your attny. Good luck!
Web Reference:  http://bverealty.com
Jocelyn Chi, , Queens County, NY
Wed Apr 25, 2012
Lisa,

I understand you want to save some money but it may cost you more in the long run.

I'm sure you can get the old land survey through Land Survey Record companies, yet Old Survey may not describe recent changes to the land.

This is a big purchase and you do not want to buy a land that is of no good use to you or buying a land that is not what you thought it was.

Good Luck,
Jocelyn Chi
Terry Koraha…, , 11358
Sat Apr 13, 2013
Hi Lisa, speak to your attorney, the seller may have a survey from when they bought the house. You would only need to have it re-certified (under $100.00) as compared to new survey $350-$550- maybe even more depending on property.
Therese L Ko…, Agent, Bayside NY 11361, NY
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Hi Lisa, A 2009 survey is considered very recent-your attorney requesting the survey from the seller was certainly the way to go.... especially since nothing has been added, no extensions,no fences, patios, etc. Using that survey and just request ing a re-certification is less than $100.00. A new survey will cost close to $500.00+. There is no place online to get a copy that I know of. If you find out -please let me know. Praying many blessings to you and yours in your new home- May you enjoy it in Good Health. Terry K 718-614-3167 or email TKorahais@elliman.com
Lisa, Home Buyer, Fresh Meadows, NY
Wed Apr 25, 2012
My attorney is requesting the survey from the seller. How old is too old? The sell purchased the property in Oct 2009 and there were no changes made to the exterior since the purchase date--is the survey accepable today?