I am attempting to price a 1 bedroom 2 bath condo (1175 sf), (60661 zip -west loop area near Willis Tower).What would be a fair ask price? price/SF?

Asked by Lavette Jones, Chicago, IL Sun May 5, 2013

Answers

13
Riccardo War…, Agent, Bolingbrook, IL
Mon May 13, 2013
Not to sound redundant but you really need a real estate agent. I can refer you to a free good ones if you like.

Sean Cochran
V.P. Marketing and Development
Quality Mortgage Lending
http://www.qmlending.com
630-470-6830 office
630-330-2229 cell
"We do FHA loans down to a 600 middle credit score"
"We do USDA loans down to a 620 middle credit score" (no money down)
"We do $100 down payment FHA program"
"Unlimited loan to value refinance on Fannie/Freddie refinances" (only on loans originated before May 31st 2009)
JIM Michaels, Agent, Chicago, IL
Wed May 8, 2013
email me at jmichaels@remax.net and I will send you my list of 1 bedroom 2 bath condos that are great values in that area
Evelyn S. Fr…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
Hi Lavette,

I would be more than happy to compile a FREE market analysis for your.

When do you want to chat?
Helen Mandel, , Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
I can provide you with a CMA. Inorder to provide you with analysis I would need to know the address and have a description of the property. Finishes are an important factor in determining the price.
Cindy Wilson, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
No one can determine a price without seeing the unit, the location, the quality of the finishes, and other specifics about the property. There are simply too many factors, and as was said below, a price can't be set based solely on square footage. This is why you hire an agent to do this assessment and assist you in the process. If you need some assistance, I'm happy to help. If you're already working with an agent, then trust his/her professional guidance.

Cindy Wilson
Koenig & Strey
cwilson@koenigstrey.com
Florin Merca, , Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
There are only a few buildings in that area that have the 1 bd, 2 bath setup with 1175 sf. 565 W Quincy St, 125 S Jefferson St, and 732 S Financial Pl. Pricing really depends greatly on the building your unit is in. This is due to different factors such as HOA amounts, Taxes, special assessments, parking (or lack of it), etc. Also, a big factor will be where the unit is located in the building and the views, amenities, upgrades, etc. For an exact value amount, I'd be happy to provide you a complimentary market analysis, but would need to know which building this is in reference to.

Florin Merca
Broker Associate
Shai Town Realty Group
4116 W Peterson Ave
Chicago, IL 60646
Cell (312) 532-5696
Main Office (773) 736-7424
Fax (312) 256-9378
Matt Laricy, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
We typically dont use price per sq/ft here in Chicago.

If you need an accurate price, have an agent draw you up a CMA.
Web Reference:  http://AmericorpRe.com
Jose Hernand…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
Lavette,

There's a lot more that needs to be considered when determining a selling price. Views, tier, floor, and amenities are things that matter and affect value.

Talk to an agent, feel free to check out my reviews.

Philip Sencer, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
We need more information. Just ask a few agents to do a market analysis. We do it all the time for peole and there is no charge. My web site has some information that might be helpful, including the Flat Fee MLS listing.
Ian Halpin, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon May 6, 2013
Lavette
Please use a Realtor. This is what we do. Talk to friends who have bought and sold or call one of us on this site.
You will be surprised how approachable and great we really are.

Be well and I am glad to discuss your needs anytime.

Ian Halpin
773.531.4479
Randall Lanc…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
I would like to recommend that you utilize my free website at http://www.idealhomesinchicagoland.com. You will be able to search for properties throughout Chicago and the surrounding areas. My website features up to date information, so you will not be finding homes and properties that are no longer available like on some of the realty websites that you may be using. My website also offers an array of neighborhood and market information that can help you make your determination on homes and locations. My featured partners are industry leaders that can assist you in making any realty transaction easy and transparent. I welcome you to utilize this amazing tool. As always I will be available to answer any questions that you may have.
Jeff Stewart, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
Hi Lavette,

This is when you absolutely need a Realtor's perspective in helping you come up with these answers as your type of unit has pricing that is all over the board. I have lived in the West Loop for over 3 years, have helped many sellers AND recently buyers in the neighborhood so I have an awesome grasp on pricing. Now a day's it's a lot less of the "price per square foot" because it honestly depends on a million things like your finishes, the exact location to even what building you're in as certain buildings have higher/lower values than others. If you're not working with a Realtor yet I would love the chance to talk over the phone or even do a listing presentation at your home in order to get a definite idea on where pricing is at. Once we determine pricing we can then figure where to move forward from there.

Call or email me whenever you're able, my schedule is totally flexible.

Jeff Stewart
REALTOR®, @properties
3101 N. Greenview Avenue, Chicago, IL 60657
309-269-3499 CELL | 773-305-0480 FAX
jeffstewart@atproperties.com
Santiago Ken…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun May 5, 2013
If you want the exact price value
Contact with this appraiser
http://www.Chicago-appraiser.com