I am approved with Quickenloans anyone know about them? Any reviews? I heard they are "bait and switch" but with FHA is that really the

Asked by Meplus2, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Jan 4, 2010

case?

Answers

6
Erica Ramus,…, Agent, Pottsville, PA
Tue Jan 5, 2010
I refinanced in 2009 through Quickenloans and had no problems. The transaction was quick and smooth. I would do it again if I was looking to refinance.
Web Reference:  http://move2pennsylvania.com
Heather Mori…, Agent, Allentown, PA
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Hello Meplus2!

I will tell you that over 90% of the sellers will require you to get a loan from a local lender. They can not tell you who to go with local..but, they can tell you that they will not sell their home to you if you do not use a local lender. You are not going to get a better deal using an internet company. You should also go with a Direct Lender to be honest with you. This is your banks like Wells Fargo, Met Life Home Loans and Bank of America are a few that offer all the programs that buyers can get....the most important programs that these banks work with and others do not is the PA State Programs to help you with down payment and closing cost assistance..and if you meet the requirements you may even be able to get 5000 of the 8000 First Time Home Buyer Tax credit up front to use for your closing cost.

So, these are few important reasons to go with a local lender.

Good Luck to you :-)
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Your best bet, especially if you are going fha, is to meet with a local and trusted mortgage broker. You really need to put a face with a person, having someone local who you can meet with, drop things off to and pick up a phone and actually reach will mean the world of a good experience or awful experience. FHA has the same guidelines no matter where you go, however the company and loan officer that puts your file together matters more than anything whether it will work, will not work and how much stress you will or will not face. good luck with your loan. I hope things work out well.
Web Reference:  http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
Doug Caye, Agent, Allison Park, PA
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Meplus2,

If you are going FHA anyway, I agree with both other posts. You should be able to secure a pre approval from another "local" lender. someone used to working with agents and settlement companies in your search area.
If they are offering a rate that seems to good to be true... it is!

Good luck, happy to help:)

Doug Caye
412-576-5561
Brian Teyssi…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Thanks for the question. I do not know anything about them but my suggestion to all of my buyers is to use a company in town that will come to closing and sit right next to you in case of a problem and it has not failed me yet. I can make suggestions if needed

Brian Teyssier - Keller Williams
Web Reference:  http://www.brianteyssier.com
Doug Rees, Agent, Moon Township, PA
Mon Jan 4, 2010
Hi, I really don't know alot about Quicken Loans. I would really suggest getting approved with a local Mortgage Company. There are alot of Companies outside of the area that tend to drop the ball.

Doug Rees
RE/MAX Renaissance
412 537-6636 Cell