I am applying for a visa to live and work in America. I chose Fall River because there is a vast portuguese comunity, can advise a safe neighbohood?

Asked by Frank, Fall River, MA Sun Apr 4, 2010

As we have two small children, age 3 and 5, please advise on a safe neihbohood with good public schools around. Thank you very much. Valeri Calhau.

Answers

9
Muhammad Mus…, Agent, Fall River, MA
Wed Mar 27, 2013
Valeri, any place is safe so long you stay away from trouble. I can forward you a list of available rentals in the area. Send me an email at mushtaq@usa.com

Best wishes for your safe journey.

Muhammad.
booboobear2, Renter, Fall River, MA
Wed Mar 13, 2013
the highlands ,, president ave area
Karen McLind…, Agent, Westport, MA
Tue Jan 18, 2011
Hi Valeri!

Welcome to Fall River!!!

One of the things that I find funny are peoples opinions of what areas are good. If you ask ten people you will get ten different opinions! :) I think it is best to just call the local police department and ask them how an area is, they can and will give you the facts.

If you need help buying or renting I would love to help you!
Take care,
Karen
Web Reference:  http://karentherealtor.com
Susan Costa, , Westport, MA
Mon Apr 5, 2010
I grew up in Fall River - like any other state, there are wonderful as wel asbad places. I would be happy to assist you in finding a home in Fall River, MA. It can be a great place to live. Lots of Portugese people, churches as well as stores that cater to this ethnicity.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Apr 4, 2010
If you are concerned about safety, your best source of information is the local police department, why not visit/call and ask all your questions, hear all there is to hear firsthand--consider driving through the neighborhood more than once and at different times of day, look at everything that is important to you, chat with locals/neighbors if the opportunity arises. As for the schools, when visiting the area and while school is in session consider a visit--ask for a tour of the facilities, speak to the principal, teachers, etc., ask all your questions, then make your own determination--will your your comfort level be reached--keep in mind opinions are subjective and what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another.
, ,
Sun Apr 4, 2010
If you need help with your financing. I work with many people in Fall River and had lived there for many years.
Being Portuguese myself, I can honestly say there are many Portuguese in Fall River, as well as the surrounding areas. Please don't hesitate to contact with any questions you may have regarding your financing.
Take care,
Paul De Sousa
Karen Ann Ma…, Agent, Westport, MA
Sun Apr 4, 2010
Hello Frank
I am a Realtor in Fall RIver Ma and we do have a vast Portuguese community, with great restaurants and festivals.( I am of Portuguese descent myself ) If you would like a free list on homes in Fall River Ma, visit my website and sign up You will get remarks and lots of photos many of the remarks will say nice neighborhood or great for owner occupy. You will get the address of these homes so you can do a drive by and decide for yourself on the neighborhood. As for schools, There are many parochial schools in FR and Diman has earned many awards and so has BCC.I would be happy to assist you in finding a home for your family & my services are of NO cost to you. Please contact me through my website. I wish you all the best.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Apr 4, 2010
Against Professional code of ethics for a Realtor make any comments we can provide you directions on where to search:

1. Police department website
2. Media published reports
3. Google search for crime in that area

Lynn911
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
, ,
Sun Apr 4, 2010
There is also a large Portugese community in Mineola, NY, which is on Long Island, so if you want to look into that as well, you may even know people who live there.