I am applying for A rural development loan, will my fiances credit count against me?

Asked by Alexis Ann Jewell-Seymour, Boston, MA Thu Sep 27, 2012

I have good credit and credit history, but my fiance has very bad credit due to a divorce. She was also evicted from government funded housing. She is just an adult in the household, NOT a cosigner, will her credit issues keep me from being approved?

Answers

3
, ,
Fri Sep 28, 2012
It won’t stop you from getting the loan, it might cause you to lose the house later if some of her creditors get aggressive and grab her income.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
, ,
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Hi Pushed,

No her credit will not be taken into consideration but her income will so you want to make sure that it will not put you over the county income limit for the USDA Direct mortgage.
Amanda Hendry…, Agent, Biloxi, MS
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Great question! No, your fiance's credit will not hurt you. Even if you were married it wouldn't hurt your ability to obtain a loan as long as you don't include her income and apply her to the loan application!