I am a single professional female. I like downtown but I hear crime is terrible. Any advice?

Asked by Elaine, Harrisburg, PA Sun Jun 17, 2012

Answers

9
tdkeystone, Other Pro, Harrisburg, PA
Fri Jan 31, 2014
Maybe you can have the best of both ... Enjoy the "country" while travel to the city is 5 quick minutes away...
If you are interested in renting I invite your contact. Rental home with wooded view and ease of access to the downtown and Interstates is available.
Bill Miller, Agent, Camp Hill, PA
Wed Nov 20, 2013
There are areas in the city that you would feel comfortable and could find a beautiful home. I would gladly spend the time showing you homes in the city. Feel free to give me a call 433-8027 or email billmiller@remax.net I can also direct you to lenders to get pre-qualified and once you find a home property inspectors and if needed service professionals.
cptford, Home Seller, Harrisburg, PA
Wed Nov 20, 2013
I was a single professional female and I purchased a home outside the city in a relatively safe neighborhood. If you are still looking check out 1252 Barley Corn Sq. 17112
Bill Miller, Agent, Camp Hill, PA
Wed Sep 25, 2013
Elaine there are areas on the West Shore like Lemoyne, New Cumberland, Camp Hill very close to the city that you might enjoy. Contact me at your convenience. They tell me I am a soft sell. billmiller@remax.net
William Rudge, Agent, Boiling Springs, PA
Mon Mar 4, 2013
Why not consider living just outside the City in Cumberland County. Easy access to the downtown areas of Harrisburg from most points in the County. Cumberland County sits directly across the Susquehanna River from Harrisburg and has much to offer in a different type of suburban living area. If interested feel free to contact me via cell (717)448-1391 or email williamrudge@howardhanna.com
Travis Hart, Agent, Harrisburg, PA
Mon Sep 3, 2012
If that is a concern of yours you should definitely check out the "1500 Project" in Midtown Harrisburg. It's a new condo building (first in 38 years) and built specifically for those wanting to live close to the Capitol but want the feeling of security. Only residents are permitted on the property and all visitors must be buzzed in via a camera system set up at the downstairs lobby. There is also a Federal Courthouse being built across the street. It's a Federally funded project and building should commence in April. The Condo Unit is built by Vartan and features open floorplans with lofts and outdoor patio areas. Check out 1500project.com. Call me if you'd like to check one out, they are amazing. I know of some other places too because I hear this type of question a lot. 717-920-9600 x 256
Rick Hackenb…, Home Buyer, 17112
Sun Aug 19, 2012
Check out our home at 429 N 32 nd st in Paxtang. We are minutes from downtown, Paxtang has it's own Fire and Police departments. We are adjacent to the Green Belt which circles Hariisburg and is amazing for walking and cycling. We are also less than a mile from 83 & 283. We also have a huge backyard with tons of privacy and a pond.
Are you guys selling? I've seen a few posts of yours...
Flag Mon Sep 3, 2012
Sharon Harris, Agent, Hanover, PA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Any city has it's issues. Maybe look just outside of the city. Or maybe look into police reports and find a place you feel is safe. But all and all Harrisburg is a wonderful City. Thanks Sharon Coldwell Banker 7174650661 or movewithsharon@gmail.com
Eric Hoffer, Agent, Camp Hill, PA
Mon Jun 18, 2012
Hi Elaine,

The city is like any city, and there is crime. It is important to have your wits about you, and not walk the streets alone at night. I've lived in midtown for 12 years and I love it. Despite the city's financial and political troubles, it is still a great and affordable place to call home. I'm happy to discuss what areas may be best for you. Call me any time.

Eric Hoffer
Coldwell Banker Homestead Group
717-877-6518
It would be foolish for a single female to live in downtown Harrisburg. The crime in Harrisburg is at least 3 times that of a safe area.
Flag Sat Aug 4, 2012