I am a retiree wanting to buy a second home with CASH. I'm having great difficulty getting attention of any

Asked by Russ, 77536 Sun Dec 2, 2007

realtor to help me with my search. In several cases, calls to a real estate office went unanswered. What am I doing wrong?

Answers

3
Gail Hiebert, , KCMO
Sun Dec 2, 2007
Russ, I can't imagine what you are doing that could be wrong. What is the actual content of your conversation? Look at this segment first. For example, are you saying I'm a retiree and have cash? That would be a strange approach if that is the entire content. Try "I need help finding a home in xxx price range in xxx area. Can you help me?" Aside from this simple initial approach I fail to understand why you're having a problem. The fact that you are paying cash should not enter the conversation at all until you're asked how you intend to pay for the purchase, and at the point, the question to you shouuld be "Do you have assets to pay for the down payment and are you approve by a lender?" At which point, you merely have to say "yes the bank will issue a letter that I have the funds to buy." Nothing else at this point needs more disclosure. The agent may want to see a letter from your bank that verifies that you have the funds to close. End of story. So look at what you're doing that is bringing on negative responses, and make changes where you need to. Hope this helps. G
Web Reference:  http://www.taxcats.net
Lorie Gould, Agent, Duluth, GA
Sun Dec 2, 2007
Russ... I agree with Gail. I am not sure how you are approaching these companies but I cannot imagine that you are being offensive where they would not return your call. You do not need to mention cash on the phone and I would recommend that you obtain a verification of funds letter from your bank to provide the agent you choose to work with.

One item that does come to mine on no return phone calls... is what you are willing to spend an amount that can be found in the area where you want to be or is it far fetched? Not that you would not deserve a return phone call but I have seen it happen when a buyer calls and wants to find a home for $150,000 in an area that is $400,000 and above they may not be calling back because they do not think you are serious.

It could be that you are doing nothing wrong and these offices are dropping the ball. I do not know what you are saying to them.

You can find the right agent for you. You can look online or you can look in a homes magazine. You can look around at for sale signs.
Brett Dunne -…, Agent, Upland, CA
Sun Dec 2, 2007
Russ:

What ever you might have thought you have done wrong, most likely you didn't. Just wailt, and one of the Trulia voices will help....soon!

I'm sorry that you had some issues up to this point.