I am a potential home buyer in PA. An inspection of the sewer line turned up major issues. Is the seller?

Asked by Tanner, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Apr 21, 2008

required to disclose this new information to future buyers should our deal fall apart.

Answers

5
Pete Simonet…, Agent, Wayne, PA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Tanner,

Should your deal fall apart, anything material that came up in the home inspection should be disclosed by the seller to any future prospective buyers.
Quick Sell L…, Other Pro, New Kensington, PA
Thu Apr 22, 2010
If you are going to be looking for another house in the Penn Hills or surrounding areas contact me at 412-519-7953 or QuickSellLLC@aol.com. We do quality remodeling on our properties before we resell them. I can send you pictures of houses we have sold to get an idea of what we have to offer.
Thank You, Dave Hamer
Cherrie Doyle, , Wyomissing, PA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Absolutely they must disclose it if the deal falls apart. Good luck to you! Let us know how it goes!!
Shelley Kefa…, , York, PA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Tanner,

Yes, the sellers would have to disclose to any potential buyers the defect. Most of the time sellers will work out a deal with the original buyer (you) to avoid putting it back on the market with a possible reduction in price.

Hope this helps.
Shelley
Web Reference:  http://www.kefauverteam.com
Crystal Alfo…, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Yes, they would have to add the new information to their Seller Disclosure.