I am a foreigner. I am interested to buy an investment property in las vegas. Can anyone know if I can have a loan to finance?

Asked by Sarah, Las Vegas, NV Wed Aug 4, 2010

Answers

8
Elmo, Home Seller, Las Vegas, NV
Sat Jan 18, 2014

I amd not sure if you bought a home here in Las Vegas yet. If you have not I have a beautiful home for sale by owner, you can check out the links below:

Craigslist:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/reo/4267555950.html

ForSaleByOwner:
http://www.forsalebyowner.com/listing/4-bed-Single-Family-ho…

Fewel free to call me at:
702-524-8692 or 702-272-7122

Thank you

Elmo
David Cooper, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Wed Jul 17, 2013
We can help.

Check "Trulia Blog"Las Vegas, NV Best Weekly Real Estate Investment Opportunity Newsletter for Detailed Investment Stats"

David Cooper. Since 1994 - Helping You Buy Your First House or the Perfect Investment
http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
702.499.7037
, ,
Wed Jul 17, 2013
I do foreign national loans. Call me today, or click the link below and I will be more than happy to assist you.

http://thenationalrealestatepost.com/find-a-professional/mor…

Thank you for choosing City First Mortgage Services,

Nathan T. Kessler | Mortgage Loan Originator
City First Mortgage Services
8871 W Flamingo Rd Suite 202
Las Vegas, NV 89147
(C) 702.683.3126 | (F) 702.974.0848 | (O) 702-522-6743
nathan.kessler@city1st.com http://www.city1stlasvegas.com
Company NMLS # 3117 | Branch NMLS # 819501
Individual NMLS # 377217 NV #46175
Leo Vekslin, , Las Vegas, NV
Tue Oct 19, 2010
Sarah,

If you are not Canadian with a high credit score you can only find financing with 40-50% down payment. I don't know what price range you were thinking to buy, but prices are so low right now - it may not be as out of reach as you think. Good luck!

Leonid Vekslin
Golden Real Estate & Investments
702-538-6253
leovek@aol.com
Frank Gargano, Agent, LAS VEGAS, NV
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Here is the foreign National guide,
Purchase must be a vacation home, not an investor,
Looks like Canada only,
Las Vegas is still a declining market is the reason there is no money available here,
· Foreign Nationals:
o ARMs not eligible.
o Borrower(s) must have a valid Social Security Number.
o Credit score is Mandatory. (Currently, Canada is the only country able to provide scores):
§ Minimum Credit Score 720
§ One (1) credit score for each individual borrower is required from the major credit repository in borrower's country of origination (in lieu of the major credit repositories in the U.S.)
§ Mortgage Branch/Region must represent and warrant that the credit score from the credit repository in borrower's country of origination is derived identically to and is substantially the same as credit scores obtained from the major credit repositories in the U.S.
§ Credit report must reflect four (4) tradelines or three (3) tradelines plus verification of mortgage with satisfactory payments
§ Credit history must cover 24 months
o Considered a Second Home transaction. Property must be located in an area where Second Homes are customary.
o 1 unit purchase money transaction
o Maximum 70% LTV/80% CLTV
o Minimum 6 months PITI reserves required
o A property with an appraisal stating the average real estate marketing period is in excess of six months and/or there is a declining market or an over supply of housing is not eligible for financing
o Temporary buydown not allowed
o Full/Alternate documentation is required
o Fixed rate (fully amortized) only
Stephan Zabo…, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Fri Aug 6, 2010
Sarah, there are some banks which will finance foreign nationals however the rates and down payments usually are higher. I have helped several Canadians purchase homes in Las Vegas and Bank of America was willing to finance the purchase but the minimum down was 30% and the rate was roughly 1.2% higher than conventional rates. One of my clients opted to use their personal line of credit in Canada to finance the loan as the rate there was a little over 3% and the best rate here was a little over 6%. My other client elected to use Bank of America and the purchase closed successfully. These were both second home purchases and not planned as rentals so not sure if that would have any impact from a lenders perspective.

There are some great opportunities for investment property here but if you plan on renting it out, make sure you are aware of the tax implications and liabilities.

Stephan
Elite Realty
stephansells@gmail.com
Sarah, , Las Vegas, NV
Thu Aug 5, 2010
No, I am not permanent resident and I am currently living outside USA. But I am interested in getting loan from a bank in USA to finance the property purchase. I think 25% down payment is not a problem, but I want to know if there is any possibility of USA bank to finance such a purchase.
Frank Ruzicka, , Saint Louis County, MO
Wed Aug 4, 2010
Sarah,

I have been accused of being politically incorrrect but you descibed yourself in a very negative manner which really needs to be defined. Are you a permanent resident alien? Here on a temporary work VISA. How about the hot button of all catagories (an un-documented alien aka an illegal alien).

Your questions specifies "investment property" which will pretty much eliminate FHA as well as conventional Fannie/Freddie financing if you are not a permanent resident alien. Otherwise, you will need to find a depository institution willing to lend on a portfolio product (ie 3-5 year ARM) which they will hold in house.

You shoud expect to make a minimum of a 25% down payment and you will increase your oportunities if you put some money on deposit (Bankers love assets on deposit). You shoud seek out a very healthy institution (one that did not take TARP funds) since such a loan would normally be considered high risk in the traditional banking community.
Web Reference:  http://www.FrankRuzicka.com