I am a first time home buyer single mom, relocated to Orlando Fl, 7 months ago. Is there a grant assistance?

Asked by Nancy, Orlando, FL Fri Mar 13, 2009

program for my downpayment? Something I qualify for and do not need to repay back. I am a registered nurse.

Answers

7
Gingolospell…, Home Buyer, Fairfield, CA
Tue Dec 8, 2015
It really is teeming with scams on the internet, really not normal. In one week I lost 500usd for payments. I had inquiries made ??at Dandy Cash.com
came just disappointed. I would recommend anyone to advertise on the site.I've only tried it a different website, and when I had finally found someone
who was still honest (scott_utah308@hotmail.com) Because he asked me in advance, but doubted he could give evidence and so I took the risk anyway
and I was able to borrow from him. 30000usd,please don't email anybody said to be a loan lender in this website because they are all scams,they
disappoint me and run away with my 500usd,Mr Scott Utah is the only one i trust because he gave me the loan i needed,,please do not email anyone in
this website because they are scams they pretend to be loan lenders they rip people of their hard earned money the USA Attorney General Of Police are
searching for this guys in the internet right now so don't email this guys please they will rip you off like they did to me..
Morry Newman, Agent, Plantation, FL
Wed Nov 11, 2015
Try American Hero Mortgage. They work with Nurses, Firefighters, Police Officers and Firefighters. Look at there testimonials. http://www.americanheromortgage.com
Good marketing Morry.
Flag Sat Nov 14, 2015
Usda Mortgage…, , Jacksonville, FL
Sun Aug 30, 2015
There are many popular locations just outside of Orlando are still approved for 100% USDA financing. Great for first time buyers - learn more below.

USDA Mortgage Source - Florida USDA Loans, 7 days a week.
Ph: 904-302-6060
http://www.usdamortgagesource.com/blog/2015/100-home-loan-or…
Broker Dave, Agent, Orlando, FL
Mon Jan 25, 2010
Nancy,

Visit this link: http://OrlandoHomeStore.com/first-time-buyers.asp for First Time Buyer information, 2009 Tax Rebate information and links to City of Orlando and Orange County.

There are other programs that are city/county/government based, job based and even some banks set REO properties aside from time to time for public servants only.

I am currently working with 3 First Time Buyers and closed 2 home last month, it's great to help them, I love to see their smile at closing when they get the keys to 'their home'.

The mortgage broker I recommend taught the H.A.N.D.S class for First Time Buyers and has helped many get the help.

As a side note my sister inlaw works at Florida Hospital as a V.P. and we just help a first time buyer that works there.

Much success on your home buying adventure.

Hope this helps,

Broker Dave
GRI, ePRO, Real Estate Broker & Realtor

Visit my Bio located here on Trulia, just scroll your mouse over my picture and left click, also visit my website for our short sale information center, complete foreclosure list and innovative tools helping with your real estate decision in the Central Florida area.
Web Reference:  http://OrlandoHomeStore.com
Jacqueline C…, , Orlando, FL
Thu Mar 19, 2009
Hi Nancy,

There are several programs in Central Florida that you may qualify for. City of Orlando and Orange County and Florida Housing offer down payment assistance to First Time Homebuyers. These are second mortgages that do not require repayment unless you sell, refinance to take cash out or rent the property during the lien period. When the lien period ends, the loan is forgiven and you won't owe any money.

Being a registered nurse has it's benefits. Orange County has a program for nurses where you may get up to $7,500 towards your down payment or closing costs.

I am a down payment assistance specialist. I have been working with first time homebuyers using SHIP and the bond programs for several years. In addition, I have taught and continue to teach classes at HANDs, the Urban League and numerous classes for realtors and other lenders.

Please note most of these programs have residency requirements to participate. I would be glad to discuss your options to get your prequalified.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Jacqueline Clarke
Down Payment Assistance Specialist/Loan Officer
Enterprise Mortgage Group
Winter Park, FL
Direct: 407-739-3853
Jennifer De…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Fri Mar 13, 2009
Hi There from Jen at Zip Realty,

I have several financing options available to first time home buyers that can help with covering the down payment. Usually I can get the sellers to cover all the closing costs which normally equal about 4% of the price. The minimum downpayment you can get away with right now is with the FHA program. This is a government backed loan offered by several different banks. As of January you will have to put down 3.5%.

I have access to a $10,000 bond program that you can use for the downpayment. I am also familiar with multiple downpayment assistance programs from multiple counties in the greater Orlando area. So the help is definitely there. The next step is to check your credit now and get a quick picture of how your financial picture looks now so that you can get it into the best shape when it is time to shop for a loan so that you can get the best rate and therefore the lowest payment. I've got some great lenders that I deal with that will get you started in the right direction.

For more details feel free to give me a call sometime at 407-921-1310. I also have a few flyers on some of the best programs for first time home buyers with details on various FHA governement loans and the $8000 tax credit program.

Lastly I can contribute 20% of my commission to help you pay for closing costs :) Visit my site to learn more or give me a call.
Gay Middleton, , Orlando, FL
Fri Mar 13, 2009
Nancy,
Hi and welcome to Orlando. Down payment assistance is available thru various resources and counties.

First, are you aware of the $8000 first time homebuyer tax credit? This is money in your pocket! Second, ea county and or municipality have different criteria for assistance, so we would need to know which county you want to reside to explore the availability of monies. Third, there is an income level that you may not exceed to qualify. I know a few area home builders are offering free money for professionals such as teachers, firepersons and nurses etc. I can provide that info to you.

So, the basic answer is "maybe" depending upon your personal situation. Just to let you know with an FHA loan in todays affordable market you may qualify for a very nice home in a great area with just 3.5% down (which you may acquire as a gift ) and you can ask the seller to help with your closing costs as well. There are some homes in certain areas of Orlando that may qualify for 100% USDA financing. i can help you indentify those. I just returned from a mortgage seminar and would be delighted to introduce you to a qualified Mortgage expert to help you sort thru some of these questions.

My job is to locate that dream home for you, after you have worked out the financing thru a Broker or Bank. For Down Payment assistance you may consider a Broker to be more helpful. For more information or to contact me and/or a Mortgage Broker that works with down payment assistance, please visit my website, call or email me at your earliest convenience. There is a bit of a "mini" housing boom out there right now and some of the best bank properties are going fast.

We are open for business and there is a sale going on! Don't miss out!

I would be delighted to chat further with you. I am one of many Realtors here to help and you may want to talk to a few before deciding. Let's Talk, i would love to tell you about my service and experience

Gay Middleton
Realtor/Selling Specialist
Web Reference:  http://www.gaymiddleton.com