I am a first time home buyer looking for something in the $150 range in Newport News or Hampton. I'm not

Asked by Kristi Sutton, 23188 Wed Jan 28, 2009

finding a lot of properties near safe areas. Any suggestions?

Answers

6
Frank Bigans…, Agent, Newport News, VA
Thu Jan 29, 2009
Hi Kristi,

What are your thoughts about the condo community called Daybreak Condos or Lees Mill in Newport News, or perhaps Regent's Walk in Hampton? I’m a buyer’s agent with the ABR designation, so based your question, those are some of the best examples of communities that would suite your needs within your price range.

Contact me anytime for a free, no obligation consultation, or visit my website for updated and accurate pricing for these and other communities in Hampton Roads. You can also text me as my BlackBerry is always on!

Frank Biganski, ABR
(757) 303-0517
frank@mrtownhome.net
Web Reference:  http://www.mrtownhome.net
Lori Jeltema, Agent, Suffolk, VA
Wed Jan 28, 2009
Hi Kristi,

The first thing is to set up some time to view all properties around your price range. I would pull anything from $125 - $175. I know that $175 is more that your desired price range but we may come across someone willing to negotiate. If you are not doing so already with an agent, I would set aside a few days for us to go together to each neighborhood and you can view them and take notes about your likes/dislikes. After you have narrowed down your list, I can provide you with links and resources for you to do more home work! Crime stats, offender databases, you can look into all of that and decide what things are most important to you. Whenever I am out showing property, I usually see residents of the neighborhoods out and about. There is nothing wrong with you, as a buyer, asking them questions. As a real estate agent, it would be unlawful for me to tell you which area is safe or not safe (that's why you won't get some of your more specific questions answered here). If you would like to talk more about what is on the market and set up a day or two to get that initial list of neighborhoods started, email me! lorijeltema@cox.net or call me at 719-3986.

Either way, best of luck and try to enjoy your home search. Rates are great, prices are negotiable and the benefits for first time home buyers are better than ever.

Good luck and I'd love to work with you!
Pete Spadaro, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Wed Jan 28, 2009
Kristi,

I have a nice townhouse in Mariners Point in Hampton listed for sale. A little higher in price than what you're looking for at $165,000 but see the Video at http://www.spadarohomes.com to take a tour of it.

I also have a nice house listed at $159,000 in Buckroe Gardens Hampton. 3BR, new deck and privacy fence, very nice. Video tour coming soon...

Pete
757-869-2753
RE/MAX Peninsula
Web Reference:  http://www.SpadaroHomes.com
Tina Merritt, Agent, Blacksburg, VA
Wed Jan 28, 2009
I have a very nice end unit townhome in Lees Mill (near Ft. Eustis). Here is a link to the online flyer: http://www.classifiedflyerads.com/ad/54274/
Anita Crum, Agent, Hampton, VA
Wed Jan 28, 2009
Kristi,

What specifically are you looking for (# of bedrooms, baths, etc.)? And what method are you using to do your search? If you will provide me with a little more specifics on what you need in a home, I will email you a list of all the homes that fit your criteria in the MLS. And btw, no obligation to work with me just because I send you a list of homes. You can email me at anitacrum@remax.net
Colleen Hask…, Agent, Williamsburg, VA
Wed Jan 28, 2009
Hi Kristi,

Are you looking in specific areas? School districts, etc? Most of my business is in Newport News & Hampton and I'd be happy to email you listings. I can also set up a automatic email that will let you know about new properties as soon as they hit the market -- which is especially important in the $150k price range. You can email me at ColleenStarr@LizMoore.com and let me know where to email the information and pictures to you.

Colleen Starr