I am a first time home buyer and need some advice . Is it worth buying a house with extra 100k in Avignon Plano vs PhillipsCreekRanch Frisco Tx?

Asked by Sam, Frisco, TX Mon Jun 10, 2013

Answers

11
Sam, Home Buyer, Frisco, TX
Fri Jun 14, 2013
Thank you all for your input. I am concerned about house appreciation over the years in Frisco, as there is plenty of land available in Frisco comparison with Plano.
Jennifer Good, Agent, Frisco, TX
Thu Jun 13, 2013
There are so many things to consider Sam. it's not just about the amount of money you spend. The area you settle in must meet your needs. Whether you consider driving time or school districts or shopping or amount of space you get-it all needs to be considered.

The market today in our area is unusual in terms of inventory. We don't have what we need. We currently have less than 2 months worth of inventory when a balanced market has 6-7months of inventory available. New home values are increasing approximately 4% per month!
Don Groff, Agent, Austin, TX
Tue Jun 11, 2013
Take some time and look at what each area offers and then you can decide if the extra $100k is justified based on your lifestyle. That is a lot of money so there are bound to be many obvious and not so obvious differences.

How do the schools compare? Do you have children who are of school age? What amenities are available in each area? Which area best fits how you live your life? These are really only questions you can answer because we all have different needs and wants.

Hope this helps.

_____________________________________________________
Don Groff | REALTOR® & Mortgage Broker
Austin Real Estate Pros & 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 | m 512.633.4157 | listings@dongroff.com
websites: http://www.AustinListed.com | http://www.360LendingGroup.com
Web Reference:  http://www.AustinListed.com
Susie Kay, Agent, Dallas, TX
Tue Jun 11, 2013
They are both nice communities. The bottom line is what is it that is most important to you in finding a home. Is it the school, the area, the proximity to work, proximity to a family member/close friend etc. I would suggest working with an agent to represent and help you narrow down on what you need. If you are not working with an agent, than I'd be happy to assist you. My service is free to you; feel free to call or text me.

Take care,
Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Christopher…, Agent, The Colony, TX
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Based on the question not being specific at all, it would be hard to say yes/no. I would def say that if the homes are similar in style and size, then not worth an extra $100k.
For specific advice, you need to sit down with a Real Estate Consultant, such as myself, and compare the benefits of both. Our services are always free for Buyers.

-Chris
Amanda Wao, Agent, Brashear, TX
Mon Jun 10, 2013
what attracts you to each? does one thing outweigh the others? is there a reason you're drawn to one over the other? No one can tell you which way to go in buying a home, you have to buy what fits you and your needs.
Things to consider:
is one closer to your workplace? other family member's workplace? How do the schools weigh in if you have children?
I wish you luck in your decisions, I'll refrain from shameless plugs for business, you have more than enough offers on this post already.
God bless and I hope you find the home of your dreams.
David Hauck, Agent, Southlake, TX
Mon Jun 10, 2013
The way Frisco is being sought after more and reviews are really good, I would say Frisco.
There is a lot to be said for the value of location for the individual buyer as well.
I will be proud to help you,
David Hauck
Realtor / Retired Navy
214-641-5032
HauckRealty@gmail.com
http://www.HauckRealty.com
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Do what $100K extra's in a home ! ... WOW.. I certainly home that includes a pool. I would have a Realtor involved to review all the particulars , cost of materials, and upgrades.

I am also a general contractor and a licensed insurance claims adjuster I understand the cost of materials. I would certainly think twice prior to agreement of $100K

Contact my office Tuesday discuss option how I can assist you

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Hi Sam,

Each place is a little different. PCR will be a bigger community in my opinion and probably very family friendly. It's a different kind of community than you see in most places. You want to be friendly and neighborly and do activities in the park with your neighbors this is probably the place to be. To get a taste and feel for it, you might want to visit Lantana by the same developer on a day where there are activities. Frisco is probably going to have a younger feel to it. Frisco to me is the new Plano.

Plano is pretty much built out.....so most of the homes are more mature city. There are still plenty of kids in Plano and often what your neighborhood is like is what you make of if.

Some of the things you might consider is where your friends are, how far you have to drive to work, where are your weekend activities, etc. Only you can decide if the extra 100K is worth it, if you are just down to those to communities.

Either way you want to involve a realtor. This doesn't cost you more and often can save you a lot of time and headaches too. The sales rep works for the builder, so you want someone in your corner protecting your interests. It's fun to look but when you get serious about buying, take us with you, especially before you even say much to the builder's rep. They'll ask you lots of questions and you don't want to give them too much information.
JANE YEATMAN, Agent, Allen, TX
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Short answer "no". If you need guidance call The Yeatman Team @ Ebby at 972-679-6345.
Zak Anderson, Agent, Frisco, TX
Mon Jun 10, 2013
Sam - both great neighborhoods with great builders, PCR is brand new so you'd be in on the ground floor, where Avignon is nearly built out (to the best of my knowledge). I'd say it really depends on your personal wants and needs. As a Realtor, I work with many builders and sales managers in different communities, and can assure you would get the best deal with my representation - there's a common myth that you can get a better deal without an agent - not true at all, as we represent the majority of builder home buyers. I'd love to visit with you further about your situation, feel free to call or text 214 385 6564. I live very close to Phillips Creek Ranch and have shown the community to many clients already :) All the best, Zak Anderson, Allie Beth Allman & Associates.