Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Bazza, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

I am a first time home buyer. I need to know what will be best offer for this house on the market. Address

Asked by Bazza, Charlotte, NC Mon Apr 20, 2009

15300 PRESCOTT HILL AVE, Charlotte, NC 28277. It looks like it is over priced. Houses on same street are being sold for $106 per sq ft.

Answers

4
Bazza,

I concur with the answers from my colleagues below. Everything they have responded with is well stated. However, what has yet to be addressed is the very heart of your question. As I read between the lines, I hear you saying that you want to get your very best deal on this house and you want to know how to do it. Am I correct? In order to get your best deal you need to hire a skilled, collaborative real estate negotiator. Many agents who would seek to represent you will simply take your offer and fax it to the listing agent with little or no questions asked of the listing agent and no explaination of the offer. A good agent will employ negotiation skils to get you the very best price for the house. For this reason, I recommend that you use a CNE (Certified Negotiations Expert). A CNE has been specially trained in negotiations. Simply put, you will get better results employing someone with a higher skill level. A Certified Negotiations Expert takes control of the negotiations in a confident and persuasive manner. The desired end result being a win-win situation in which you get more and give less. My husband, Darren Conover, is a Certified Negotiations Expert. Between us we have the professionalism and expertise to get you your desired result. We would be delighted to help you! Feel free to contact me if you want more info or desire representation. All the best to you!
I agree with both of the answers below 100%, but I might add that no one can make a good call on what to offer on a property without first viewing the property in person. Upon viewing this home you may see why it is priced where it is, or at least it will give you a better understanding of where it should be. A home has to be viewed to determine an offer that is based on the home's merits.
Web Reference: http://www.ISellUnion.com
Good morning, Bazza!

The home you are asking about is a gorgeous Shea home in a very nice Community! I will have to say that Sara has answered the question about the same as I would have so I don't want to repeat the same information.

I would like also share something that I think helps prospective Buyers I come in contact with understand what Realtor's do for our Buyers:

Services Provided
1) Promotes & protects your best interest
2) Explains "Agency" options
3) Comprehensive market analysis
4) Makes appointments for property tours
5) Provides exposure to both listed and unlisted properties
6) Provides counsel throughout the property search
7) Assists in writing the offer with your best interest in mind
8) Provides accurate and timely information, as well as discloses material facts
9) Explains forms, contracts and agreements
10)Helps with your financing options
11) Give advise that may enhance your bargaining position
12)Keep your bargaining & financial position confidential
13)Negotiate the best price & terms for you
14)Monitor your escrow & closing
15)Discuss your property re-sale issues

*By representing you as your Buyer's Agent, I handle ALL 15 of those items (plus many more!).
**By directly from a Sellers Agent, they handle items 2, 8 & 9.

Bazza, I would absolutely love to the opportunity to meet you and show you this home. After meeting,if we are a good fit for each other, I would love to represent you in the purchase of your first home in Charlotte. Best of all, the Seller is responsible for paying a Buyer's Agent commission.

Whoever you use, and I would love to have the opportunity, please seriously consider hiring a Buyer's Agent to ensure you get the best possible price for this home!

I look forward to hearing from you and please if you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Debbie
704.421.2107
debra@hmproperties.com
Web Reference: http://www.hmproperties.com
Dear Bazza,

I'm so sorry that I can't help you with this. By law all real estate agents must represent the Seller and do what is best for the seller unless we have a Buyer's Agency agreement with the Buyer. This agreement changes our fiduciary responsibilities from representing the seller's best interests to representing the Buyer's best interest. With a Buyer's Agency agreement, agents are allowed to pull figures and tell the buyer what the statistics say is a good price for the house. Without that Buyer's Agency agreement, an agent must tell the Buyer, "The list price is....."

I would really love to help you and if you would like for me to serve as your Buyer's Agent, I can give you any help and information that you want. Remember, the good part about Buyer's Agency is if the house is listed on the MLS, the seller still pays our commission. This means that having a Buyer's Agent cost you nothing but gives you a trained agent to represent your best interests. To read what the NC Real Estate Commission says about how agents represent Buyers and Sellers, please go to my website at http://www.RichProperties.net. The second from the last button on the left is the "Documents" button. Under this the first "General form" is called "Working with Agents" which explains this information.

If I can be of other service to you, please let me know.