I am a Canadian who is wondering if I can buy a Florida property in partnership with an American?

Asked by Rick, New Brunswick, NJ Sat Feb 14, 2009

Is this going to be a problem? How do we go about doing this? Can I obtain a US mortgage for 1/2 of the property?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Sat Feb 14, 2009
yes you can

I have a international attorney who handles this

RCB can do

call me

1 vote
Wayne F. Smi…, Agent, Hillsborough, NJ
Sat Feb 14, 2009
Welcome to the United States of America!

I am not licensed in FL so I can not comment of the specific laws of that State, however, many "foreign nationals" have ownership rights in property within our borders. My suggestion is to check with a local attorney to make sure your rights are protected.
Again Welcome Home!...to your NEW home!...Enjoy our way of life, our freedoms, our obession with fast food, our delight in gourmet food and yet out desire to try and positively effect those in need around the world. You may not agree with our govt. but please never, ever feel that the heart and soul of this countries peoples, from every continent and every country of the world, have any other intent then to try and remedy the misgivings of those under oppression. Sometimes no good deed goes unpunished.

Sorry to get political here but...........Enjoy the beautiful Florida weather and if you need a mortgage rep call me.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more