I am Russian & want to buy house in US which I will pay in cash. What documents does the US require from me?

Asked by Grisha, Perm, Russia Wed Jan 16, 2008

I want to buy property in U.S. that cost $500,000. My daughter is married to U.S. Citizen and has her green card. The house will actually be a gift for them but because they are in university and receive partial financial aide from government they do not want the property in their name yet because they will lose their financial aide. How can we buy they house in my name and do I need to come to U.S.A. or can they handle all the transaction for me with a power of attorney. Also how can I put the house in their name after they are finish university?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Liz, , Orlando, FL
Wed Nov 5, 2008
Hi Grisha

Are you still looking for property? Have you had a chance to view our villa in Davenport? http://www.tuscanhillsvilla.com you can always email me on liz.carter@talktalk.net if you need to ask further questions.

0 votes
Boris Miniaz…, Agent, west lawn, PA
Mon Nov 3, 2008
Eto prosto .Go to http://www.BorisSellsHomes.com Mogu perezvonit', GOOD LUCK anyways.
0 votes
Esgana, Home Buyer,
Wed Oct 22, 2008

Are you still seeking? let me know so that I can help you, see full description of my property
in http://lowcost-realestate.com/index , nice meting you.

0 votes
Vicky Chrisn…, Agent, Purcellvile, VA
Mon Oct 13, 2008
Grisha - as long as you are paying cash, you shouldn't run into any trouble. I know there are a few special rules for people in certain countries, although I am not aware of any issues with Russians purchasing here. Where do you plan to purchase? If you are planning to buy in the Northern Virginia area, I can check with our local title companies. If you are planning to purchase elsewhere, I'd have to refer you to someone else. Please email me directly vchrisner@kw.com
Web Reference:  http://www.vickychrisner.com
0 votes
Liz, , Orlando, FL
Mon Oct 13, 2008
Hi Grisha

I am a British citizen and I bought a property in the states. Although I chose to go to orlando twice to view the plot and building work, the legal paper work etc. was all done remotely. A reputable realtor should be able to find you a good lawyer and sort out most of the paper work. This will then be sent to you to be signed and notarised. The whole process can be done without you being present, however you will need an american bank account and for that you will need to go in person to open the account (unless you already have one?). However, I would say that it is never sensible to 'buy blind' and strongly recommend that you try and visit the USA at least once. Anyway, good luck, hope if all goes smoothly. If things fall through, we would be open to selling our 4 bed, 3 bathroom villa (with outdoor pool and jacuzzi) for $350,000 if that's any help!
0 votes
Marlene, , Madeira, OH
Mon Oct 13, 2008
do you know someone who want to buy house in Madeira island - Portugal.
please contact marleneiabreu@hotmail.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more