I AM LOOKING FOR BUYING HOUSE IN AREA AROUND MANHATTAN NY, JUST TO BE SAFE AND NICE AREA FOR RAISING CHILDREN

Asked by Sweet, Illinois Sun Mar 16, 2008

THE HOUSE TO BE IN NJ NOT FAR AWAY FROM MANHATTAN NY. WITH NICE YARD AND NOT SO OLD HOUSE

Answers

6
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Tue Mar 18, 2008
Many of our local residents on the NJ shore commute to NYC. Via ferry, it is 35-40 mintues to Wall Street and 45-50 minutes to mid town. Alternatively, express bus service and train service are options.

We literally have it all. Quaint small neighborhoods with local grocers around the corner and large super markets with endless selections on major routes a short drive away. An extensive network of rivers and tributaries provide for boating, fishing, sailing, windsurfing, and wave runners. Gorgeous and large parks with bike lanes, hiking, and trails. Many orgainzied activities through th parks. Beaches and boardwalks for commerical and private activities. Many riding stables and hiking trails. Concerts at the beach and outdoor festivals, including jazz festivals, car shows, and street festivals. Red Bank offers a great downtown, voted the hippest town in NJ. Tree lined streets and a housing stock that offers something for everyone. If you would like our extensive relocation package, please let me know.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Peninsula Realty Group
732 530-6350
Deborah@PeninsulaFirst.com
Lauren Heasl…, , 07044
Mon Mar 17, 2008
HI Sweet,
There are many areas that are great communities, family oriented, and close to NYC transportation. It is important to know what kind of community you are looking for and be educated about the schoolsystem and commuity life. Having so many towns to choose from, it would be ideal to meet with area experts to help you choose where you'd like to concentrate.
I'd love to be able to assist you with your search. Will you be taking public transportation? If so, bus? train? Depending on how you plan on commuting, your choices can be narowed down.

Should you have any questions you would like me to answer, please don't hesitate to reach out to me. I take pride in offering personal exceptional service. As a certified relocation expert, my service includes area tours, community reports with demographics and school reports, and much more. You will be pleased with my one on one service and communication!
Lauren Orsini, ASP
Sales Representative
PRUDENTIAL NJ PROPERTIES
266 Bloomfield Ave.
Caldwell, NJ 07006
Office 973-618-1531 x 108
LaurenOrsini@Prunewjersey.com
cell 973-650-1683
Robert and S…, Agent, Montclair, NJ
Sun Mar 16, 2008
Hi Sweet:
There are the popular towns that most New Yorkers hear about that rate as New Jersey's cultural and architecturally prominent hubs and those are, of course, Ridgewood, Montclair, Summit, Westfield and Morristown and Bernardsville. They truly have the town center feeling, often with a green or a significant point which draws interest either with great shops, restaurants or entertainment. Demand can often leave the supply of good homes in these towns waning since the best ones still move off the shelf pretty quickly. Towns that are worth taking a look at are Nutley, Verona, The Caldwells, and in Morris County
Morris Plains and Montville and, interestingly East Hanover which boasts very low taxes but a good school system. If you want to stick to the train lines (the Boonton line) where access to the city is within 45 minutes then the farthest you should venture is Morristown , Convent Station, Madison, Chatham, South Orange or Montville (Towaco area train station), Montclair or Clifton. Check outhttp:// http://www.njtransit.com for routes but train towns do tend to be a bit pricier.
Select any town through my Market Snapshot Report:
http://www.homeinsight.com/Widget/default.asp?WK7JL36V3VLE

Contact me for further information If you need community reports on any of the towns you are interested in, I will be happy to send complete demographic information along with school reports - elementary I see.
For out-of-towners, we offer a comprehensive tour of area communities so that you can concentrate on the ones you like. It makes it easier to pare down your search criteria; and when a home arrives on the market in an area you like, we go out an inspect it first for you and send you photos of the unique features along with a critique to help you decide if you want to preview the home yourself. It cuts down on a lot of time seeing homes you may not like.
If you want to hire five great agents instead of one, check us out:
Sandra Bolcar
Broker Associate
RE/MAX VILLAGE SQUARE
973-744-7722
sandra@thecrosskeysteam.com
Sharon Kozinn, Agent, Hillsdale, NJ
Sun Mar 16, 2008
Bergen County is a gourgeous area, and a great commute to NYC. Please feel free to contact me through my website and I would be happy to send you any listings you would like. There is a wide variety of prices and housi styles to choose from.

Sharon Kozinn
Web Reference:  http://www.sharonkozinn.com
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sun Mar 16, 2008
Ah, fellow New Yorker... I am a former Brooklyn resident and former Wall Street financial person.

I looked long and hard at the choices. North Jersey is noce, but reminded me too much of Queens...
( No Offense North Jersey) Middle New Jersy was well.. too middle New Jersey.

I chose East Brunswick, 35 miles out of Brooklyn and Manhattan the coomute to downtown NY was 50 minutes by bus, fastere by train... larger lot sizes and the East Brunswick school system is one of the best in the state.

East Brunswick - Edison - North Brunswick all offer easy access to NYC and great places to live.

Email me for some properties -

Jsacktig@orangekeyrealty.com

John Sacktig
Broker / Sales Associate
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409
Barbara Ostr…, Agent, Closter, NJ
Sun Mar 16, 2008
The eastern end of Bergen County would be perfect -- my husband and I moved to Teaneck in 1983 and raised 4 kids here. The commute into NYC by bus is about 35 minutes, by car about 20 minutes unless it's during rush hours. Variety of housing stock -- a piece of advice from a homeowner as well as a realtor: don't judge the house by its age, judge it by how the previous owners have maintained it and updated it. Many older homes are built much better than some of the newer houses, and an inspector will let you know if the updates were done correctly and to code.