IS IT POSSIBLE TO FIND A CONDO WITHOUT RENTING RESTRICTIONS AS I WANT TO ENJOY IT SEVERAL WEEKS A YEAR,AND LET THE RST OF THE TIME WEEKLY TO FAMILY?

Asked by Wiltshire, Flamingo / Lummus, Miami Beach, FL Tue Mar 9, 2010

OR FRIENDS.
THANKS

Answers

7
Santiago Vit…, , 33134
Fri Mar 1, 2013
Sure, there are several options in the market, but the key is understanding your expectations beyond simply enjoying several weeks of a year. For example, I have such a property in Ft. Lauderdale for my family who come and visit me from abroad. Investing with a specific purpose and time horizon is also important. Happy to listen to your ideas and determine which is the best strategy
Magda S. Sal…, Agent, Miami, FL
Fri Aug 24, 2012
In the northern areas of Miami Beach and inland there are condos that have more loose rental restrictions, for more information and to search, view my site.
Miami Beach…, , Miami Beach, FL
Fri Aug 24, 2012
There are several condos that allow short term rentals, however they are not luxury condos. In the center of South Beach there are some located on Collins avenue and 11tth.
Angel Calzad…, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Hi Wiltshire:
My best advise for what you want as a rental and personal vacation property is a condo-hotel, where the hotel office management can take care of your business, collect rent from tenants and deduct their fees and maintenance. If you are interested in the purchase of a condo unit not in a condo-hotel let me know and I will provide you with valuable information of all the condominiums that are located in beach areas from Miami-Dade to Broward counties that has none or little restrictions on rental periods per year.

Thanks so much,

Angel Calzadilla
http://angelrealtor.southfloridamls.com
Santiago Vit…, , 33134
Sun Jun 10, 2012
If you are still looking for this type of property we have a new Condo Hotel program going on on a property located at 1818 Meridian which we are renovating at the heart of Miami Beach
Audra McColl…, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jul 20, 2010
Hi Wiltshire

This is not only possible, but very common in South Beach and the rest of the beaches (Miami Beach proper, Bal Harbor, Sunny Isles Beach, Key Biscayne, etc.). However, outside of the beaches, around the rest of Miami it is not so common. A Realtor can search properties for you which meet this criteria using the MLS system. Wenceslao, the first agent who responded, also has other good points - especially regarding the taxes.

Feel free to contact me or one of the other agents on Trulia for assistance if you're not already working with someone.

Audra
Wenceslao Fe…, , 33130
Sun Mar 28, 2010
Hello, Wiltshire. There are in fact a number of buildings that offer fairly flexible rental restrictions. The Flamingo for instance allows you to rent once a month. Most condotels (condo-hotels) offer plans for you to not have to concern yourself with any details and rent even daily. Of course, there are others with more restricted rental policies like up to 2 times a year or just once a year and fewer still that allow no rentals at all.

These come in all price ranges, locations, amenities, etc. Be mindful however, that depending on the number of times you rent the unit, you may be subject to taxes (including sales tax, hotel tax, income tax and others), so you should consult a tax advisor before making your final decision.

Hope you find what you're looking for soon. :-)