IF i am a buyer and I put an offer in with a buyers agent. Can I still keep the offer and change realtors?

Asked by Robertnavy15, West Warwick, RI Fri Jan 30, 2009

I am a buyer and I have and offer in with an agent. However I am dealing more with the listing agent myself than he is and I would like to switch realtor's is that possible? I have an offer in with the first Realtor.

Answers

2
tom roberts, Agent, powell, OH
Sat Jan 31, 2009
Bob,if you wanted to beat the realtor,
"Thinking," your going to get a better price w/listing agent then you you should of do so prior,Something isnt right,for you to be speaking with listing agent.If you feel strongly about something involved in your dealings,you should call the RI board of REALTORS,and sort it out.Press ON

TJ
Web Reference:  http://tjroberts.remax.com
Brittany Sim…, , Columbus, OH
Fri Jan 30, 2009
Robert:

Unfortunately, the first agent you initiated the offer with was the procuring cause for the offer. Therefore, there is a commission due should the transaction follow through. You are opening yourself up to liability. I would express your disappointment with your current agent and ask his/her broker to step in if you feel they are not representing you well. You are better served with your own representation versus a dual agent. If you use the listing agent, he/she must remain impartial to both parties and cannot advise on repairs, price to offer, etc.