Chris,  in 95037

Husband is looking at a job opp in Pleasant Prairie, WI. We are investigating our options either on the WI side or over the border in Illinois.

Asked by Chris, 95037 Fri Sep 11, 2009

Our pricepoint is 350K, looking for a family friendly neighborhood, with Great schools! If I could get some names of some cities to look into that would be great. Thanks in advance!!

Jeff Haines’ answer
Hello. There are many homes to choose from in that price range. Pleasant Prairie is a wonderful community with an attractive tax rate and wonderful schools. It ranges from neighborhoods close to Lake Michigan to upscale neighborhoods like Village Green. I would be happy to help if your are still looking for a home. You can contact me at 262-945-7309,
My favorite part about the area is Lake Michigan. My home is for sale on 3rd Avenue in Carol Beach estates, Pleasant Prairie. It's a great neighborhood for kids with a lot of recreation at the Lake. All of Kenosha's summertime festivals are on the lake and it's great to be close to them. We also love Chicago and although the drive is brutal, the train zooms right down the lakeshore. At $350K you should easily find something nice since the prices have dropped over the last few years. I purchased originally in 2007 for $326K, invested $80K in remodeling everything and unfortuantely just dropped the price today to $309K.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011
Hello Chris, Here are a few links that will help you gather some information.
Areas to look into that fit your discription, are Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha, Bristol, Mt. Pleasant, and Caldonia.
Please feel free to contact me, if you are in need of any other assistance.

Thanks and Have A Great Day!
Web Reference:
I grew up right near State Line road between Bristol and Antioch. Used to ride my bike down JS over to Antioch when I was a kid. Used to love to hang around Lake George. You have Salem, Round/Fox Lake and lots of areas. I have a lot of friends from Pleasant Prairie, we just went last year to visit. Lot of areas to choose from in some pretty rural settings if you like that. You're inbetween Milwaukee and Chicago. I think there are plenty of options. Maybe try the Lake Geneva area?
Kenosha,Pleasant Prairie,Bristol has some really family friendly neighborhoods.One west of 1-94 has a great golf community as well!
Wisconsin - Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha
Ilinois - Gurnee, Beach Park, Waukegan