Husband is looking at a job opp in Pleasant Prairie, WI. We are investigating our options either on the WI side or over the border in Illinois.

Asked by Chris, 95037 Fri Sep 11, 2009

Our pricepoint is 350K, looking for a family friendly neighborhood, with Great schools! If I could get some names of some cities to look into that would be great. Thanks in advance!!

Answers

6
Jeff Haines, Agent, Kenosha, WI
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Hello. There are many homes to choose from in that price range. Pleasant Prairie is a wonderful community with an attractive tax rate and wonderful schools. It ranges from neighborhoods close to Lake Michigan to upscale neighborhoods like Village Green. I would be happy to help if your are still looking for a home. You can contact me at 262-945-7309,
Pam Alfino, Home Buyer, 33483
Sun Sep 11, 2011
My favorite part about the area is Lake Michigan. My home is for sale on 3rd Avenue in Carol Beach estates, Pleasant Prairie. It's a great neighborhood for kids with a lot of recreation at the Lake. All of Kenosha's summertime festivals are on the lake and it's great to be close to them. We also love Chicago and although the drive is brutal, the train zooms right down the lakeshore. At $350K you should easily find something nice since the prices have dropped over the last few years. I purchased originally in 2007 for $326K, invested $80K in remodeling everything and unfortuantely just dropped the price today to $309K.
Dwayne Carr, , Kenosha, WI
Wed Jan 13, 2010
Hello Chris, Here are a few links that will help you gather some information.
Areas to look into that fit your discription, are Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha, Bristol, Mt. Pleasant, and Caldonia.
Please feel free to contact me, if you are in need of any other assistance.

Thanks and Have A Great Day!

http://www.citytowninfo.com/places/wisconsin/kenosha
http://www.kenosha.com/
Web Reference:  http://www.kenosha.org/
Lori Jeltema, Agent, Suffolk, VA
Thu Dec 3, 2009
I grew up right near State Line road between Bristol and Antioch. Used to ride my bike down JS over to Antioch when I was a kid. Used to love to hang around Lake George. You have Salem, Round/Fox Lake and lots of areas. I have a lot of friends from Pleasant Prairie, we just went last year to visit. Lot of areas to choose from in some pretty rural settings if you like that. You're inbetween Milwaukee and Chicago. I think there are plenty of options. Maybe try the Lake Geneva area?
Sunnie Zemaj, Agent, Kenosha, WI
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Kenosha,Pleasant Prairie,Bristol has some really family friendly neighborhoods.One west of 1-94 has a great golf community as well!
Mini Samuel, Agent, Kenosha, WI
Tue Nov 10, 2009
Wisconsin - Pleasant Prairie, Kenosha
Ilinois - Gurnee, Beach Park, Waukegan