Huntsville neighborhood with pool, consistent quality houses at about 400k, close to 35801-2 - impossible?

Asked by Laurie, 30068 Thu Dec 13, 2007

Is there any neighborhood in east/central Huntsville that has consistently priced homes at about 400k, and with a pool, tennis community center nearby? 400k would be the max price we'd pay for a house. We could get a cheaper one and renovate, but don't want to improve a house that was about 200k or less to more than the local market would accomodate.

Answers

3
Dena Hoekens…, Agent, Huntsville, AL
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Hey Goddess, not speaking as a Realtor now...but as a home owners, I agree! We did the same thing about 5 years ago. We bought an old home in SE Huntsville and gutted it, added on (twice now) and love the location and convenience to just about everything we need. Having moved a dozen times over the years (pitfalls of being in real estate) I'm happy to say, my next move is Maple Hill Cemetery! LOL
Goddess, Home Owner, Huntsville, AL
Wed Jan 25, 2012
Best kept secret in Huntsville, in these zip codes, are the semi-private pool-recreation associations. Living close to the pools of Piedmont, Jones Valley, Lily Flagg is a bonus that cannot be beat, if you have young children (Blossomwood pool has a years-long wait list).

Best real estate values--and overall lifestyle--come for those who remodel in these areas. If you ever have to sell, those homes will sell quick (if the remodel is done well).

It is worth the hassle of gut remodeling in these areas. You will find the remodeled homes in these areas are over 400k.
Diana Welch, Agent, Huntsville, AL
Thu Dec 13, 2007
Hi Laurie, right now there are 199 homes listed in the SE of Huntsville between 250-400K. They are all within 5-10 minutes of a new YMCA facility with all the recreational activities you want or need! These properties are pre-renovated and post-renovated. Check http://www.valleymls.com or my website which feeds from valley.mls for the easiest look at what is available. Thanks, Diana