How would someone go about obtaining a loan for a property the septic test failed and needs a leech bed? My husband and I are very much interested.

Asked by Chevelle, 16323 Mon May 3, 2010

The property is located in SandyCreek TWP, Franklin PA.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


, ,
Tue May 4, 2010
Hello Chevelle,

The FHA 203k loan can be used to fix the septic and any other repairs that may be needed.
Here is how it works. The lender will lend 96.5% of the purchase price plus the cost of all the repairs.
As part of the mortgage application we submit a contractors estimate to fix the problem along with his insurance and references. The bank will lend the money for the purchase and hold back the funds for the septic. They will then agree to a draw schedule on how the funds to fix the septic are to be disbursed.
I have provided a link to our company presentation on 203k loans. If interested be sure to call and ask for me.
Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending
215 674 9059
2 votes
Ed Fallon, M…, , West Chester, PA
Mon May 3, 2010
An FHA 203k loan is a possibility. The repairs would not have to be done until after closing.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more