Home Buying in Dubuque>Question Details

Zachery, Other/Just Looking in

How would I go about qualifying for a low down payment loan from a bank?

Asked by Zachery, Sun Nov 20, 2011

I am a potential first time home buyer and could use some general advice on how to go about searching for a home, steps to take, etc. Thank you!

Answers

3
Zachery, just wondering if you ever contacted a loan officer and started on the path of home ownership?
Zachery,
It is a good idea to check with a loan officer first. The last thing you want is a scenario where you search for homes priced at $120,000 when you're only approved for $100,000. Most places can usually get you in for an appointment within a day or two.

Let me know how it goes and when you know what you are approved for, please feel free to get in touch with me and we can go through the whole home buying process step by step and find the right house for you.

Thanks.
Start by visiting with any licensed loan officer, after reviewing your overall financial information, income, credit, debt, a determination on qualification can be made, the type of loan, how much, how much down, etc.; be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 20, 2011