How would I find a buyer's agent that has previous experience with Ryan Homes?

Asked by Shane Wallace, 08094 Sat Feb 4, 2012

I have already seen a model home from Ryan builders. I'm extremely interested, but informed before I signed any papers to find a buyer's agent. Are the agents that typically assist with buying resale homes different than agents that assist buyers with new construction homes?

Answers

10
Movado’s answer
Movado, Home Owner, New Jersey
Sat Aug 4, 2012
I owned a Ryan Home. The ups and downs to this home are some very poor construction as this house is put together like it is some sort of kids model. Lower end materials are used. I mean lets be real, Ryan Homes bread and butter is that they can produce a lower price priced home model that is similar to their competitors, such as Toll Brothers. The siding on the house easily blows off as well as roofing shingles. You will sure to be putting money into your home to get it up to par. For this reason why not get it right in the first place and get a Toll Brothers Home?
John Kelly, Agent, Mantua, NJ
Tue Apr 24, 2012
Hello Shane,

agents that represent buyers with resale and new construction are one in the same, however some agents have more experince with new construction than others. I work with several builders in the Gloucester county area and also list quick delivery homes for them. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly and I will answer any questions you have. I would also advise you to have a Realtor and or an Attorney represent you and help you review the bulider contracts as they are very on sided in favor of the builder. This is only one area where an expericed Realtor with new construction can assist you.

John Kelly Century 21 Hughes-Riggs Realty
Direct 856-478-9600
jkelly@c21h-r.com
Kimberly Tho…, Agent, Voorhees, NJ
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Hi Shane,
I have sold numerous Ryan homes and have bought one myself. So I have much first-hand experience with them. I've also sold numerous new construction homes with other builders so I have a great deal of experience in this area. I think that it is imperative to have a buyer's agent represent you and you alone, in all real estate transactions...but most especially when buying from a builder. Just go online and google Ryan homes problems in south jersey and you'll see why. The person sitting in that builder's office works for/is the agent for the Builder -not for you! You will have no one working for you if you don't get a Realtor on board ASAP! I have successfully signed on as an agent with clients even after they have viewed the model and would be happy to do the same for you - you deserve and should demand competent, experienced and dedicated representation.
If you would like to speak with me about possibly representing you in a transaction with Ryan homes or some other builder, give me a call at 856-308-5989. i'm here to help!
Kim

Kimberly Thomas, Broker-Associate
Brown & Pope Realtors
http://www.KimThomasHomes.com
http://www.KimCanHelp.com
email: kim@kimcanhelp.com
Janet Larsen, Agent, Turnersville, NJ
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Once you sign in with a builder they usually won't allow a realtor to work on your behalf. That's a shame because as a Realtor I have negotiated great deals with local builders. I would also like to talk to you about the pros and cons of new construction in this type of market. Make sure you contact the tax office directly for an estimate of property taxes. If you have any real estate questions please email me privately or call.

Janet Larsen, Broker/Associate
Remax Connection
856-261-6910
2003-2011 NJ assoc of Realtors Circle of Excellence Award.
Web Reference:  http://Www.njrealtorjan.com
Suzanne Dick…, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Hi Shane,
Unless the person taking your information was not licensed to sell Real Estate. Was it specifically Ryans Homes that stated that to you? If you would like I can call the agent that suggested that to you and we can go from there at no obligation to you.
Andrea Kappre, , Gloucester County, NJ
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Contact Gina Romano at Old World Realty. She is wonderful and works with Ryan on a regular basis. You may have seen her on regularly on channel 10 news with Tracey Davidson.
Shane Wallace, Home Buyer, 08094
Sat Feb 4, 2012
I already went last weekend, and I signed a card with them. So I'm assuming that constitues registering. She asked me if I was working with a realtor, I said not yet. Is it too late to bring on a realtor?
., , Tranquil Place, Carefree, AZ
Sat Feb 4, 2012
No they are one and the same. Did you register with the builder while you were there? If you did, it may be too late as most builders require your agent to accompany you on the 1st visit. i work with many builders that allow your agent to register you by phone or over the internet, but all before you physically visit the site. If you didn't register, you should be OK. You need to find an agent you are comfortable with and one that will stay with you through the process as long as you want them to. Builder's want agents to introduce their clients to them and then fade into the background. I don't work that way, I accompany my buyers all the way to settlement if that is what they want. Whoever you choose, I wish you the best and you are making a smart decision to buy now in this buyers market. If you want my help, feel free to call me. I used to live in Williamstown, but in a Ryland Development.
Suzanne Dick…, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Hi Shane,
Any Real Estate Agent is qualified to show and sell new construction. You can call or email me, I'd be happy to assist you.
Suzanne Dickinson
Suzdsells1@gmail.com
(856) 981-8446
Suzanne Dick…, Agent, Sewell, NJ
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Hi Shane,
Suzanne Dickinson
Suzdsells1@gmail.com
(856) 981-8446