This section of the Triangle Expressway is still in the Right of Way phase, http://www.ncdot.gov/turnpike. Per the NCDOT site, "The Southeast Extension project has been officially on hold following enactment of North Carolina Session Law 2011-7 (N.C. S.L. 2011-7) in March 2011. This law restricts the Turnpike Authority from considering alternatives for the Triangle Expressway Southeast Extension that are north of the protected "Orange" corridor. " Until this conflict is resolved there is no firm answer and where I540 will be route.
In North Raleigh:
- it went thru some owners properties at which the owner was forced to move.
- it placed some existing homes close to Hwy noise.
- it shaved a TON of time off for commuters.
- in increased some property values because of easy access
- it alleviated a TON of traffic congestion on secondary roads.