How to we do we get back the patio home we originally contracted?

Asked by Beth, Fultondale, AL Sat Mar 8, 2008

We originally contracted on a patio home on C.H.Prkwy. I went sour on it b/c of concerns of water drainage.We then purchased a patio home at 436 Enclave very charming potential needs work (to me) to obtain the look I desire.However the Oak floors recently installed just pushed the price of this home way over what that area is selling for. I have not even gotten started yet. What can I do?

Answers

2
Chad Edwards, , Birmingham, AL
Sun Mar 9, 2008
Beth,

It looks like you may have paid a bit more than what similar type homes are selling for in the neighborhood. Depending on how long you decide to stay in the home will have the biggest impact on how you will do when you sell. If you are in the home for more than 3 - 5 years, you should be ok. However, if you have to move out sooner, investing in a lot of upgrades could make it difficult to recoup the money you put into the home. The longer you stay in the home, the more time you have for appreciation in the area to offset you being a little ahead of the market. If you are on Enclave Cir, it looks like you managed to buy the home for $1500 less than the previous owner.
Chad Edwards, , Birmingham, AL
Sat Mar 8, 2008
Is this in Chapel Hills subdivision in Fultondale?