How to sell a condo and buy a house at the same time?

Asked by Kb, 60714 Sun May 17, 2009

We live in a two bedroom condo, and due to the housing market it is really tempting to start looking at getting a house. Any advise on how do go about selling our condo and finding a house at the same time? everyone says condos are not selling...

Answers

4
B, Home Seller, Des Plaines, IL
Tue May 26, 2009
We are selling our home dropped the price 80K to sell quick now asking 339K if your interested please call me 847.768.1954. 3 bd, 2.5 ba 24ft cathedral ceilings completely remodeled with ss appliances. We are selling by owner but soon will have a realtor, if intrested call now.
Laura Caamano, Agent, Downers Grove, IL
Mon May 18, 2009
Hi Kb-

Every market is different. What may be selling or not selling in one area, may sell in another area.

The 1st thing you need to do is have a local Realtor give you a market analysis. They will be able to explain local market conditions, what condos are selling for in your area and give you an idea about average market time. Ask the agent to give you a Seller's Net Sheet which will show you what it costs to sell....title, attorney, transfer stamps, tax proration, etc..

If you feel comfortable with what your projected sales price is along with selling costs & market time, speak to a lender to see what you can afford to buy. If you are ready to move on after that, get your home on the market, decide what areas you are considering buying in along with the amenities and price range and have your agent send you what is available.

The Realtor you work with should be able to help guide you through all the steps.

I hope this helps!

Laura Karambelas
Baird & Warner
630-964-3276
, ,
Thu Jun 4, 2009
Kb, the best advice I can share with you is to work with a Realtor (as mentioned by Laura Karambelas) and a Lender who you help understand how you can sell and buy quickly and successfully.

"Surround yourself with great professionals who are experts in their business" ... though a cliche', this always works to overcome any challenge.
Kb, Both Buyer And Seller, 60714
Wed Jun 3, 2009
Thanks to both of you!
B, I am sure I would love your house, but I must get rid of my condo first! And so far, I have no luck with that. But thank you anyhow.