Ashie, Home Buyer in Smoot, WV

How to know if my contract is void?

Asked by Ashie, Smoot, WV Fri Dec 30, 2011

Ok, We are in the process of buying the home we have rented for9 months now,the owner has a realtor,but WE are very skeptical of her. One we have shown the home to other potential buyers ,knowing we had a contract on the property. So today we had potential buyers look and started taking inside pictures of our things,I told them to STOP ASAP! Well I was told by the other realtor showing the property there was no contract based on the owners realtor not receiving her earnest monies?? But she is holding a 1000.00 check to be deposited when we obtain all our financing,instead she's telling people we have no contract and we are 99.999 % approved ! We've discussed this many times with her,and she just dont seem to get it? In her own hand writing to be deposit when buyer obtains all financing ? but yet we are still under contract as far as she is concerned to show the house?? Makes no sense? We are so loss in all of this and think this Realtor is very bad!! How do we handle this?

Answers

2
Robert D Hug…, Agent, Devon, PA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Very sorry this is happening to you Ashie. My suggestion is to contact that agents manager/supervisor, and explain you gave a deposit and are 99.9% approved. Show the listing agency and owner any Pre-approval letters from the lender you are using. In our area a deposit needs to be held in an escrow account for that transaction to be complete. I don't know why the agent/owner would not want your money deposited? Makes no sense to me Ashie. If there is written paperwork somewhere indicating the property can still be shown to other prospective buyers than ask them to give you a copy.

As far as being so rude and ignorant to take photos without your consent is appalling. Either the listing agent or owner should ask your permission for prospective buyers to take photos. Taking marketing photos to sell the property are acceptable and fine, usually done when the property is first listed for sale or rent. The below answer is correct. View the terms of your lease as many indicate the property you are leasing can be shown with a 24-48 hours of notice.

If you don't get anywhere with the listing agents manager/supervisor; contact a reputable Real Estate Attorney familiar with these type of situations.

Best of luck to you Ashie, hope it all works out for you.

Rob Hughes-Long and Foster Real Estate INC.
Walter 'Skip'…, Agent, Brea, CA
Fri Dec 30, 2011
Hi Ashie,
My first thought is to stop letting people in to see the property until this is resolved. What does your lease say about letting the landlord show the property?