Anthony Van…, Home Buyer in Thermal, CA

How to get agent to contact me, Have tried for 2 days?

Asked by Anthony Van Diest, Thermal, CA Sat Feb 27, 2010

we have tried for 2 days for agent to phone or email u about house o at 55750 Jackson, we haven't gotten a reply niether by phone or email, please help ue contact an agent

Answers

17
Jane Grant, Agent, Aguanga, CA
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Anthony: Get a buyer's agent. Contact several by phone and do a telephone interview. E-mail them also and ask different questions about the area you are seeking to purchase a home in. Hire the agent who you feel most comfortable with and the one who returns your calls and e-mails the way you expect.

Buyers need their own representation when purchasing a home. The listing agents work for the seller and it can be a conflict of interest to represent both buyer and seller in the same transaction. Many do a great job of dual agency however most Real Estate Advice publications recommend getting your own "Buyer's Agent", even when purchasing a brand new home.

*****
***
*
Web Reference:  http://www.soreal.biz
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed May 22, 2013
Anthony,

Yes, it sounds as if you are trying to chase down self generated leads on property unassisted. As mentioned earlier, if you are targeting "foreclosures," it's sad to say but this is the treatment that people get...customers and agents alike. You can take all of the excuses offered and put them----. It's neither fair, respectful, polite or professional! You will likely find that in the majority of these cases when your inquiries are not responded to, that there is already a contract in place.......

With this said, consider aligning yourself with your own real estate professional that can take the lead and provide you with good reliable information. By contacting the listing agent you are appealing to someone that already has an established relationship with the seller. It's best that you have your own personal representation and by doing so minimize the possibilities of a conflict of interest.

Thank you for your post.....this is a serious problem and one that should be addressed!

Respectfully,

Joan Braunsc…, , Morris County, NJ
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Linda,
Did you say they don't have the time???
As a listing agent, if a buyer calls me, I make the time. If, for whatever reason, I didn't think it was in the buyer's best interest to have me be their agent, then I would happily recommend one of the many excellent agents in my office.
What do you think a seller would think if their listing agent said, "yeah, a buyer called but I didn't have the time so I didn't bothering returning the phone call???"
x, , Hawaii
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Hi Anthony,

It's not uncommon for the agent who has the listing not to call buyers back. Many are either not interested in working with buyers or just don't have the time. What you need to do is find your own agent. One that is experienced, full time, that you trust, and that normally works in the area that you are interested in. Maybe one of your friends or family members have had a good experience with a Realtor they can refer you to.

I work the Riverside area but am happy to find you to a good agent in whichever town you like. Just email me at socalrealestate@att.net or give me a call at 951-780-7225 if I can help.

Best of luck to you,
Linda Christopher, Realtor
Joan Braunsc…, , Morris County, NJ
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Its beyond odd to me when I hear people experience this.
Can I assume this is the listing agent?
If this is a short sale or bank-owned property, there is a whole other set of rules/conditions/issues to be aware of.
Have you tried calling their office?
If that doesn't work call the broker.
If you are really interested in buying, find our own agent. A buyer's agent works for you. The listing agent works for the seller. In a state were dual agency is allowed (such as where I'm from- NJ), once you enter in a dual agency relationship with an agent, they must remain impartial to both parties. They can no longer be involved with advice in negotiations.
If you have your own agent, they can do all the work for you such as contacting the listing agent and getting the particulars of the house, then helping you from start to finish.
The commission is agreed upon between the seller and the listing agent, and although there are exceptions it is normally taken out of the proceeds the buyer brings to the table. Therefore, the buyer's agent will rarely cost you any money out of pocket.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Feb 27, 2010
Any local agent can help you, they all have access to the same information--call a few realty offices, interview a couple of agents and choose the one you like best--you'll save a ton of time and aggrevation.
Toby Crabtre…, Both Buyer And Seller, Tustin, CA
Wed May 22, 2013

I think you must get the numbers of the agents and then you can contact them through phone and if you have their email id then you can mail the agents as well.

http://www.searchlocalhq.com/
Melissa Dana, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Wed May 22, 2013
You can also click on find a pro up in the tip left for your area. If they do not call you back it is not worth your time nor should you want to work with them.
Elizabeth Ro…, Agent, Indio, CA
Tue May 21, 2013
Call me first thing in the morning and I will answer any questions you have.
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Tue May 21, 2013
How did this situation resolve itself?
Did you ever buy in Florida? Prices are rising exponentially in Tampa and pretty much ALL CASH buyers are paying well above a price a property could appraise for.
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Flag Wed May 22, 2013
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu May 16, 2013
This question is over 3 years old.... did you ever buy a house? Let us know how it went for you. Did you eventually find your own agent to help you?
Elizabeth Ro…, Agent, Indio, CA
Wed May 15, 2013
Call me I can help you with any questions you may have. Iam an agent here in the Coachella Valley. I have lived here all my life and know the Valley well.

Elizabeth Robles
Windermere Real Estate
Indio, CA
7605410795
Blanca Dover, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Sun May 5, 2013
It would be in your best interest to get a buyer's agent to represent you quickly if you are interested in this home. Something to think about is that the listing agent might be trying to narrow down offers and/or counter offers. Good Luck!

Blanca Dover, REALTOR
Century21 Hometown Realty

Website: http://www.blancadover.com
Web Reference:  http://www.blancadover.com
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun May 5, 2013
This is from 2010... did you ever buy a property? A similar property is possibly 20% higher now.
John Quintard, Home Buyer, Fountain Valley, CA
Sun May 5, 2013
call....
Salton City Realty
Leo Sonny Schultz
LIC#01762138
2096 South Marina Drive
Salton City, Ca 92275
Tel: 760-394-0066
Fax:760-394-0045
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Sun Feb 28, 2010
Hi Anthony,

Bank owned listing agents get bombarded with calls from Buyers. By the time they call you back, the house will be gone. Get an agent to help you asap if you want to get a bargain.
x, , Hawaii
Sun Feb 28, 2010
No Joan - I did not say they don't have time. I said it's not uncommon.
I think it would be a pretty good guess that the Riverside and NJ real estate markets are very different.
Anthony himself is saying that he isn't getting a call back. I hear that same complaint alot in my area.
I agree with all the other comments saying he should have his own agent to represent him and his best interests.
Sorry for any confusion.