How to find a good buyers agent in Bakersfield experienced in low down, first time home owners programs and assistance?

Asked by Trulia, Bakersfield, CA Wed Apr 20, 2011

calhfa,hud,fannie mae, etc.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Jennifer Bee…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Corte Madera, CA
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Your first step is to work with a lender that handles those programs. Check out this blog link below we just did on buying a home with only .5% down. It is the lenders job to know these programs not the Realtor's. Realtor's will generally know the basics but you should always get loan advice from someone licensed to do loans.
0 votes
Nadine Radov…, , Bakersfield, CA
Wed Apr 20, 2011
Hello Home Buyer :)
You're looking for an agent and a loan officer who have your best interest in mind. The home will have to qualify for the loan also. It really is a matter of who you are comfortable with also. I would love to speak with you to see if we would be a good match for working together to find you a home and a loan.
Many blessings.
0 votes
Tehachapi Mo…, Agent, Tehachapi, CA
Wed Apr 20, 2011
There are several loan packages out there which will allow either low down, no down and buyer's CAN ask for closing cost assistance. Your offer will likely determine how much seller concessions you may or may not get. An experienced lender and agent can make all the difference for you. Please fee free to call if I can help you further.

Tesa Noonan
Coldwell Banker Best Realty
0 votes
Tom Carrizal…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Wed Apr 20, 2011
I am currently available to service your needs. I represent fha, 203k, Homepath, Hard money, and Cash buyers on a daily basis. I have a wealth of knowledge in the Bakersfield market, and have references that include listing agents as well as buyers and sellers that swear by my service and professionalism. Contact me at anytime, I am always available.

Tom Carrizales
Web Reference:
0 votes
Shanti Brins…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Wed Apr 20, 2011
You need to find an agent who is teamed with a lender who specializes in these programs. The agent also needs to understand how these programs work to make sure the home you are consider will pass financing for these programs. These programs do allow for a home to have health and safety issues. Also, depending on what program you use, they tend to take longer than 30 days for financing, usually 45 days. You also need an agent who understands these things when writing up your offer.

If you haven't found anyone yet, I would be glad to help you with this. I work with a lender that has over 20 years experience working with these programs. Please call me or email me. email: Cell: 661.978.7101

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more