Marina, Home Seller in Wesley Chapel, FL

How to find REO properties and "back on a market" properties in Tarpon Springs? I am planning to relocate to this area soon. Thank you.

Asked by Marina, Wesley Chapel, FL Tue Jun 5, 2012

Hi Marina - Great answers below. REO's are not necessarily the best deals anymore. The market is changing and you would probably want to consider properties for their individual value. Quite often REO's need work. If you are looking for properties to rehab, then an REO property may be the way to go. Otherwise, short sales or "back on the market" properties' may bring you the best results. To find short sales or properties that are back on the market, your best bet is to have a Realtor set up a search for you. You can contact me for more information or visit my website.

Best Wishes,

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Phone/Text: (813) 766-1501
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012

Tarpon Springs seems to be the key element. Interview full time agents till you find one you are comfortable with and stick with them. An agent can give you the most up to date information. Many of the REO websites do nothing more than list any property with a Lis Pendens filed in the public records, whether the property is for sale or not. Frustrating and a waste of time.

Don't limit yourself to REOs only. Sometimes an estate sale can be the best deal. A full time Professional Realtor can be looking at all the possibilities based on location and your criteria needs. The good ones go fast so get yourself pre-approved even before you get here. If you think its a great deal chances are others will too and the one ready to move fast will win!

When you are getting pre-approved don't just look at the max you qualify for. Have the lender estimate for property taxes, home insurance and HOA fees if applicable. This should all be figured into your monthly payment- see what you are comfortable with and work backwards on how much that will buy you. (your agent can work with your lender on these estimates based on community averages.) Do not max yourself out. Life gets messy so you need to plan ahead.

When you are ready to interview call or email me directly. I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
TEXT "PAMELA" TO 727-213-5142
Pick an agent that you would like to work with and they will be able to provide you with updated lists daily or whenever the properties become active on the market. Shopping the online websites can be frustrating as many times the information is NOT up-to-date. Your trusted Realtor will be able to help you.
Banks can choose many channels to advertising these foreclosed properties. Some banks may use real estate companies not members of the local MLS. Others rely solely on auctions. The overwhelming number do use a real estate company that is a member of the MLS. Therefore, working with a local real estate professional is your best bet.

So, pick, up the phone and call and agent.
No, don't use the link you see provided by Trulia. That link will go to whoever paid to put the link there, not necessarily the person whom you intend.
No, don't even use the email link seen on Trulia.
Call, that is the only way you can have assurance your message will be delivered and reaching the right person.

Best of success in finding your Tarpon Springs homes.
Annette Lawrence
ReMax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
May I ask you why you are only interested on REO properties? There are houses for sale by individuals that are priced very much like the bank owned ones and they are, most of the time, in better shape.
The individuals also give you the property disclosures, which means you know more about any past problems, the exact opposite with a bank owned, where no one knows if there are any problems.
So, if you want a good deal (except that this is the time for a buyer to buy a house at rock bottom price), don’t limit yourself on REO properties. Depending on how much you know about the area, you may need an experienced realtor to help you locate the best house for your money.

Maria Kastritsos
Olympic Realty Services
Any licensed agent in the area should be able to provide with that information. I recommend that you find a agent you feel comfortable working with. You can feel free to contact me.

Jeffery Lonas
Keller Williams Gulfside realty
Good Evening Marina,

Thank you for your question in regards to finding REO properties in the Tarpon Springs area. Please send me your email address so I can provide you with a free service that I provide to my customers. It let's you search the MLS to find the REO's available in the Tarpon Springs or surrounding area. You input your exact criteria and only get the homes that match your criteria.

In addition, I live, work and specialize in the Tarpon Spring/Palm Harbor areas. Marina, I'm also certified in Short Sales and Foreclosure properties with a National Realtor designation of SFR.

Please feel free to call me, email me or text me with any questions that you may have about REO properties.

Rob Dandrea, TRC-SFR
Future Home Realty
Directly: 727-510-2100
Fax: 800-584-2449

Please visit me on My Facebook Page
Interest in Bank Owned Properties? Visit me at for information on Bank Owned Properties.
Marina -

Call me. I can supply you with a list electronically that is updated daily.

SunCoast Group Realtors