How to figure out which high school is assigned to a particular property? For example, 1621 Briar Hill Rd has 5 options for high schools. Thanks.

Asked by gusalab, Radnor, PA Sat Feb 8, 2014

Can I assume that the school closest to the house will be the assigned school?

Answers

5
manyvan2000, , 19348
Sun Mar 9, 2014
gusalab, Home Buyer, Radnor, PA
Sun Feb 9, 2014
Thanks to all of you very much for your answers. I have a few different schools in mind. But it is hard to sometimes figure out the assigned school based on a listing. My move to PA is not finalized. I will have a better idea once that decision is made.
Cindy Ridgway, Agent, Haverford, PA
Sat Feb 8, 2014
The Trulia listing only gives you information about "nearby" schools, and doesn't specify the assigned school. The school closest to the house is not necessarily the assigned school; in fact, for your particular example, Lankenau High School is listed as the closest high school and it is not even located in the right school district. Public records for a property identify the assigned school district, though not necessarily the specific school within the district. You can get that information from the school district itself.

Gladywne is located in the Lower Merion School District, which has two public high schools: Harriton and Lower Merion High School. 1621 Briar Hill Rd is assigned to Harriton. Good luck and please let me know if I can be of any further help. I am a real estate agent and focus my practice on properties located within the Lower Merion School District.
Jim Tarman, , Lansdale, PA
Sat Feb 8, 2014
The public school district is Lower Merion which does have two High Schools within the district. I pulled up the information for that particular home on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) and could not confirm which school it was.

If you have a preference, the best thing to do would be to contact the district offices and inquire as to which school it would be. I would be happy to send you a copy of the MLS listing and or contact the listing agent to inquire for you if it would be easier for you.

If I can be of any assistance please don't hesitate to contact me.

Jim Tarman

Coldwell Banker Realty Corp
600 East Main Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
Office (215) 855- 5600
Mobile (610) 256-3019
Fax (215) 368-9480

jtarman@cbrealtycorp.com

(content not intended to solicit individuals currently under a buyer agreement or who's property is listed with another real estate professional)
Gwen Janicki, Agent, Bryn Mawr, PA
Sat Feb 8, 2014
There are only 2 public high schools in Lower Merion: Harriton and Lower Merion. Your best bet is to call the school district and they will confirm which of these 2 schools that address is assigned to. Real Estate agents are encouraged not to make school assumptions for a particular address,
Call me if you have any difficulty. Gwen Janicki 610 207-3995