How to do a CMA on a very new area and new construction; & how to get the best deal out of a new home builder?

Asked by SanFran, Broomfield, CO Thu Dec 25, 2008

I am first time buyer and want to do a complete research and get as much understanding before I hire an agent. I have questions on 2 issues.
1. I am looking at a new constructions in the Denver area. There are not many competitive condos/townhomes within 5-10 mile radius and so its very hard to do a CMA. How can I tell if the list price, by the builder, is worth it?
2. To me it doesn't seem like the housing industry is in a turmoil! Several new constructions I look at are being swooped by rich people and people with good credit. So the new builders don't seem much likely to negotiate a lot. What tactics could I use to get a builder to give me a good deal? Of course I come with excellent credit and good downpayment.

Answers

1
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Thu Dec 25, 2008
Most of the time a CMA would include the Sub Area and or Comps within a 1 mile Radius. This can be done by a Realtor for you. In some areas the housing industry is doing OK. It all comes down to supply and demand of course. Some builders will give deals if traffic to buy is slow or if they are almost done building and want to pull out. A quick close is a great way to get a good deal. There are many factors to consider. Please contact me and I would love to help.