Rose, Home Buyer in Santa Clara, CA

How safe is the 95123 zip code?

Asked by Rose, Santa Clara, CA Sun Feb 1, 2009

My family is considering buying a home in this zip code (near Santa Teresa Blvd.) and I want to know if it's a safe neighborhood.

Answers

7
CJ Brasiel, Agent, San Jose, CA
Sun Feb 1, 2009
Rose,

Check out http://www.crimereports.com
It also a great idea to simply talk to neighbors about their experiences.

CJ
Web Reference:  http://www.TalkToCJ.com
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sun Feb 1, 2009
Rose, as Realtors, we are not allowed to comment on the safety of a particular neighborhood. It's a "Fair Housing Issue".

As I'm sure you can imagine, this could easily be abused, and my idea of what's "safe" might not match your idea of what's "safe".

Realtors are precluded, by law, from "steering" potential buyers into or out of neighborhoods, and "safety" could be an issue that could easily be misconstrued.

The best thing to do, is to check your local law enforcement websites, which often allow you to enter in a particular neighborhood... sometimes by intersections, and sometimes by actual addresses, and they will give you a summary of recent crime statistics in the area.

Monir Mamoun, Agent, Denville, NJ
Fri Oct 1, 2010
Great question! Questions regarding crime and safety in San Jose are best referred to the local police and sheriff departments. They will have the most up to date and accurate information. A local agent is typically legally restricted from offering an "opinion" about such matters.
Sam Shueh, , San Jose, CA
Mon Feb 2, 2009
Everyplace is realtive with another. The most expensive neighborhood has same crime issues as other cities. You need to drive around. I generally watch teens coming out the high schooll watch their behavior. A good school you find people talk about tests, read while they walk. Students execuse themselves from going to parties 'cause of music lessons or recitals etc. The local library after school gives you an idea what kind of people live in the neighborhood.
Andrea Wince…, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Sun Feb 1, 2009
Hi Rose, CJ's recommendation to check crimereports.com is a good one. I don't believe there is a "safe" neighborhood anywhere is there? I thought I lived in a "good" neighborhood until I had my car window smashed and GPS stolen. No matter where you live, always be diligent with your safety.
Bill Mccord, Agent, San Jose, CA
Sun Feb 1, 2009
Rose,
Zip codes are not safe or otherwise; neighborhoods are where people live and there a many of these in any zip code. Give us a street or specific address and we can give you more useful information.
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sun Feb 1, 2009
Rose,

The best source for this inormation is to be in contact with the local police department or county sheriff's department. they have access to the most current and reliable information and are generally very willing to be helpful.