Home Buying in Pleasanton>Question Details

Deepa, Home Buyer in Pleasanton, CA

How's the Jensen area in Pleasanton? Are the prices of that neighbourhood expected to rise in the next 5 years or so?

Asked by Deepa, Pleasanton, CA Mon Jul 30, 2012

The Jensen neighborhood in Pleasanton is one of the most desired neighborhoods in Pleasanton because of the location to all 3 levels of school, downtown and easy assess to 680. This neighborhood also has a great feel with tree lined streets and great quality in the construction of homes. The builder was Jensen and they built homes all over the Tri Valley. For more info on this neighborhood, check out this link about the neighborhood.
Just about everyone expects prices to rise over the next five years. They did in 2006 as well …

Truth is, no one knows. And if the prices for Pleasanton go up, you can count on Jensen prices increasing as well. All the boats go up and down together.

As for the Jensen area, it’s a nice neighborhood in a great city. If you want more in-depth answers, provide us with a bit more direction as to what you’d like to know. Truth is, there are no “bad” neighborhoods in Pleasanton.
Are prices in the Jensen area expected to increase in the next 5 years? Are prices in general expected to increase in the next 5 years?

That is a variety of a question that we are often asked and are unable to factually and accurately answer. How can we know? If I said that prices will go up or will go down it is likely that you could easily find another equally knowledgeable individual with the polar opposite opinion.

If you are planning on buying a home, buy because you like the home; like the neighborhood; like the city; like the schools, parks, shopping, entertainment and the home fulfills your criteria of where you and your family want to live. Love the home you live in and the value proposition will take care of itself.
What are you looking to accomplish? Are you moving in 5 years? Nobody...Nobody can predict the future. My thought is ...Buying in California is always a good thing. Just go outside and enjoy the weather. Most people are envious of that alone. Go to my dream finder at ..talk2fabian.com fill out the info and I will get back to you. I would love to help you.
I wish I had a crystal ball to let you know but unfortunately the Real Esate market can sometimes be hard to gauge. What I can tell you is that prices are starting to rise and especially in the Pleasanton market, we have been lucky enough to weather the Real Estate storm. Our prices haven't dropped as much as other neighboring cities and it is finally nice to say that it is cheaper to buy than to rent, due to low mortgage interest rates.
For more information, feel free to contact me at anytime.
Kristy Heyne
Coldwell Banker
The area is good. It's hard not to find a decent area in Pleasanton. As for appreciating values in the next 5 years no one can tell you for sure. Currently though we are seeing home values increasing moderately for the area.