How reputable is Mstreet homes?

Asked by Manuel Figueroa, Houston, TX Sun Jun 24, 2012

Looking into the possibility of purchasing a new construction in Summerwood area with mstreet homes. I noticed they use (maybe still do), build homes out in Dallas. What kind of reputation do they carry, and how willing are they to negotiate?

Answers

7
Heather Mack…, Agent, Richmond, TX
Sun Jun 24, 2012
M Street homes has been around just a few years. They only build in 3 communities in the Houston area. It looks like they also have plans to build in the energy corridor at a higher price point. They were one of the 1st builders in the Houston area to offer the foam insulation. I was very impressed with that.They build a very nice looking home with good floor plans. The patio feature with the fireplace is a nice touch on their homes you usually only see that on more expensive homes. I have not heard of any complaints. You should be able to do an internet search and see if there is any negative blogs about them. You might want to drive around the neighborhood on the weekend and talk to a few of the homeowners. They will let you know if they are happy with the builder. I recommend that you get a good home inspection even if it is a new home. Most home builders have some room to negotiate. Your realtor will be able to see what other properties have sold for a negotiate a good deal for you. It is a good idea to have someone represent you on your end of the transaction. The seller pays commission so there is no charge to the buyer to have an agent represent their interest in the transaction.If you are not working with an agent, give me a call and I will be happy to help you.
Jewell Burro…, Agent, Richmond, TX
Thu Jun 16, 2016
I have been a realtor for 40 years and have nothing but good things to say about M Street homes!
skippertange…, Home Buyer, Houston, TX
Wed Aug 27, 2014
I would not buy another home from MStreet Homes. They use the cheapest subs which they have little history or relationships with which causes them to hide lots of issues. In the first year of owning our home there has been dozens of finish issues that have literally popped up. From nails popping out of the drywall when you hang a picture to marble/granite patches that have fallen out or melted away with scrubbing. We've also had a number of HVAC equipment failures alread. In addition to this, we've had more pests enter our house (presumably from gaps throughout the house) than any of our 8-10 previous homes. As well, it is one of the most unproffessional groups to work with. They always miss meetings with no calls to inform that they will not show. I would not buy another home from this company and have had the opportunity to discourage a few folks to do the same...
noname, Home Buyer, New Boston, TX
Fri May 16, 2014
EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER YOU SIGN THE DEAL!!!! We have been struggling with our flooded backyard for a year- and other home related issues,- even though we have tried several times to talk to them. When we finally managed to get their attention, every time they would schedule a meeting, they won't show up, even though my husband and I had to take days off. It is a shame, we really love our house and Linda, who sold us the house, has been very professional-Jarrod, please take notes from her!!!
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Jun 25, 2012
Manuel,

As the other agent mentioned, research on-line with the Houston Better Business Bureau as well as other sites. You will likely find good and bad on-line, but a good place to start.

I always want my buyers to speak to neighbors as well as drive around and see how all the builders are doing. If one builder is selling more homes than another, there is likely a reason.

Most builders offer incentives to build, but are not going to negotiate a off their base price. However, if they have a home already built with no buyers on it, that home might have incentives or some room to come off the price. Again, you have to review inventory and upgrades in the home and see if any have sold recently as resales in our MLS to compare.

As you can see, having your own agent will help you. You do NOT pay their commissions...so hire an experienced Realtor to help you before you get serious in speaking with a builder. I just assisted a buyer who found me here on Trulia. I saved them $13,000 with building with another builder they did not know on a larger lot. You just need someone that knows the area.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
Carolyn Wolfe, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Jun 24, 2012
Great answers so far!

I would also check out the Better Business Bureau,

the Texas Attorney General's office website https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/

and the Greater Houston Building Association's website http://www.ghba.org/consumers.html

I have seen the David Weekly homes in Summerwood, but not the Mstreets, but their website makes them look promising. http://mstreethomeshouston.com/our-communities/summerwood.html

Do check out mine and my collegues websites and choose the Realtor you feel most comfortable with to be your Buyer's Agent. It costs you nothing, and you will have a knowledgeable negotiator in your corner to assist you with your purchase.
Antonio Berm…, Agent, Austin, TX
Sun Jun 24, 2012
They build a nice home they have not been building for a long time but build a nice house. Please call me and I help you negotiate with them or any other builder in the area. This is a free service to you.

Antonio Bermudez
Dunamis Realty Group
832-746-0541
htownhouses@gmail.com