How often does Trulia update its properties?

Asked by sharonsellers_7, Monterey, CA Mon Mar 5, 2012

A real estate salesperson told me that Trulia does not update their properties very well. For example, I sent a letter of intent to this same salesperson for a property I saw on Trulia. The property was already under contract, though, and my letter of intent was third in line!

Answers

2
Felix Hung, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Sharon,

If you look at my profile, it shows properties that I have in "backup" status. This means that we are still actively marketing the property for backup offers but there is already a primary offer that is working on buying and closing the property. For the best help, I recommend finding a local agent you can trust to do this leg work for you and they can instantly help you to decipher if a home is "active" or in "backup" status.
Steven Ornel…, Agent, Fremont, CA
Tue Mar 6, 2012
sharonsellers_7:

Trulia, and many other "MLS websites" are not true MLS'; but rather, syndication websites that re-post MLS listings from true Realtor® MLS systems. The "refresh rate" for listing will be dependent on the information feed established by Trulia and the individual Realtor® MLS system.

If you are interested in the "whole story" see:

MLS Data Accuracy – Where to search if you’re “without Realtor®”
http://www.trulia.com/blog/steve_ornellas_mba_re_mastersgri/…

Happy Hunting!

-Steve