How much would a lot of land cost is Saratoga, Ca?

Asked by Haydeewong, Los Gatos, CA Thu Oct 20, 2011

I'm thinking of buying some land to build a home. I'm thinking about 12,000 sq ft or so in Saratoga. How much would that run? Any particular things to look for in it?

Answers

6
Richard Ho, Agent, San Jose, CA
Wed Sep 19, 2012
Haydee- I surely hope that you will put your time and schedule into consideration when you decide to build your own home. I know a few doctor couples built their own and did not get to enjoy the new homes. Nobody die from building their own homes.:( but a few ended up with the big D :( :(
I also know of a few homes taking more than a few years to build. There are a lot of ins and outs for building your own home. You absolutely need to have a good team especailly need a good Project Manager besides a good General Contractor preferrably using your architect.
Life can be sweeter for us to enjoy with the family rather than daily dwell into the mondane routine dealing with the workers even many developers I consult hate!
anyway, not to mean to discourage you. Would love to give you a complimentary overview of the process and discusss about building your dream house. :)
Richard K. Ho, M.D., MBA, Realtor. ePro
License#01407461
Investor Coach and Strategist
Cornerstone Realtors,

6455 Almaden Expwy., Suite 98

San Jose Ca 95120

408-828-0189

Fax 408-649-5212

Please visit: http://www.trulia.com/profile/RichardHo/
http://www.DrHoRealty.com">
Nina Daruwal…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Sat Apr 7, 2012
Hi Haydeewong,
Depends on WHERE in Saratoga?? Up in the Hills....down on flat land, in the Golden Triangle, with Saratoga Schools or then Saratoga address with Campbell schools....I have so many more questions for You, before I can answer your question of how much about 12,000sqft of land would cost.......
Why dont you get in touch with me, we can sit down and clarify exactly what you are looking for to build, and then go forward finding the appropriate land.
Be well and safe,
Nina Daruwalla
Web Reference:  http://www.ninadaruwalla.com
Jinaye Conley, , Saratoga, CA
Mon Nov 21, 2011
Hello Haydee!

Land sales in Saratoga range in sales prices from $200,000 to $6,000,000. With three generations of land developers in my family my team holds the local knowledge to represent your interests. My family has handled the representation and construction of homes for of some of the most notable clients and land sales in Saratoga including: The Sobrato Organization Inc., The Sisters of Notre Dame - Bohlman Campus, The Neale Family Trust (Saratoga Avenue) The Saratoga Legends (15 homes across from Saratoga High School), The Saratoga Nursery (Cox Neighborhood), The Mount Eden Neighborhoods, The Pierce Road Neighborhoods, Dr. Langwell's Estate and more.... A comprehensive list is available on our website or by contacting our office in Saratoga or Cupertino. The key is knowledge and extensive experience with all of the variables that make up the protective umbrella of land ownership.

The principle variables are numerous when you are considering a land sale so caution and professional representation are the keys. Mistakes can be very costly so insure that you work with a land specialist not just a sales representative.

Variables in single family or multi-family land development process include many variables that may include but not be limited to: CEQA filing, DRE proper subdivision filing, geological concerns, floor-area-ratio analysis, local development guidelines and allowances, how to properly address the political issues with the city planning commission but also the local neighborhoods of the respective subject parcel, construction design, subject property ingress and egress access, soil, water, sewer, septic, archeological, acoustical, species, arborist, legal, well, property easements, road maintenance agreements, neighborhood history and issues on each specific title report.

The point is The Conley Real Estate Group holds the experience to properly represent your initial pre-purchase, purchase negotiation, feasibility review, report and investigation needs, architectural design, construction pro-forma and turn-key construction budget before you make your land purchase.
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Mon Nov 21, 2011
Andrea Wince…, Agent, Milpitas, CA
Fri Oct 21, 2011
Hello Haydee, A search of the MLS returned 22 residential lots of land in Saratoga ranging in price from $499k up to $6m. If you would like me to email you the list along with a map showing proximity to town, please email me through my Trulia profile. Kind regards.
Anthony Lum, Agent, Saratoga, CA
Fri Oct 21, 2011
Hi Haydee,
Well I have a lot that I am representing a seller now. It's with approved plans for a single story Craftsman Style home at 20610 Lomita Avenue in Saratoga asking $1,199,000.

The location is great in that it is walking distance to downtown and Saratoga Oak Elementary school. I also have connections for the construction loan as well. Please feel free to contact me for further information.

Anthony Lum
408 839-7896.
Web Reference:  http://Www.anthonylum.com