How much will it cost to have a purchase agreement written up?

Asked by djarum32, Tustin, CA Thu May 3, 2012

I do not need any other services, I am purchasing parents property and just need some paper pushed for us so that I may proceed with my bank for some financing.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Ann Urias, Agent, tustin, CA
Thu Nov 29, 2012
If you are in a buy owner transaction, make sure to contact an escrow company to handle your deal. No Realtor is going to be willing to take the responsibility for a small fee. Good luck
0 votes
we, Home Buyer, Tustin, CA
Tue Nov 20, 2012
Wow, What a bunch of sharks the relators are who responded to your question. All you need to do is contact a Escrow Company. They will work with a trust company to clear title and draw up the necessary paperwork. It is easy I do this often and save a lot of money. With all respect to relators they are really nothing more then sales people.
I hoe this helps.
0 votes
and thank you for your opinion.
Tell us, what is your profession; obviously not an English Teacher?
Flag Tue Nov 20, 2012
Kevin and Ju…, Agent, Wildomar, CA
Sat May 19, 2012
The short answer is it doesn't typically cost a buyer anything. The Seller pays real estate commisions and Seller side closing costs.

You will have some costs if you are financing...
0 votes
Jeremy Lehman, Agent, Garden Grove, CA
Sat May 19, 2012
Sounds like no agents are involved. An agent takes on legal liability when putting their name on a contract and therefore you'll find reluctance for anyone to do it for free.

There's no reason why you can't write up your own contract without using an agent.
0 votes
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu May 17, 2012
I agree that it's not as simple as paper pushing. Perhaps hiring a real estate lawyer would serve you the best since this is being sold within the family.
0 votes
Kawain Payne, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Fri May 11, 2012
I do not know of any Realtors that are just "Paper Pushers".

Real Estate Transactions are complex and even if you are buying a home from your parents things still neeed to be handled in a professional business like manner.

Are your parents using a lsiting agent? If so, you will want a buyer's agent. Your buyer's agent will write the purchase agreement up for you at no cost to you. The buyer's agent will be compensated by the listing agent.

Think about it. Do you really want to use "a paper pusher" for something so important?

Best of luck to you.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
0 votes
Scott Bingham, Agent, San Clemente, CA
Thu May 3, 2012
Free! Buyers agents get paid with what's called cooperating broker compensation. The seller pay the commission on both sides of the transaction.
0 votes
Ludy Ivonina, Agent, Corona, CA
Thu May 3, 2012
I'll be so happy to help you.It's free for you.
Please contact me at (909)731-7124 or email me

Thank you.
Ludy Ivonina
0 votes
Thu May 3, 2012
Hello Djarum32, firstly is your parents home listed or will your parents be representing themselves as a "for sale by owner"? There is more than just pushing paper, there are disclosures that both your parents and you need to be aware of. i understand that you are buying your parents home, but it would be in both parties interest to have a professional handle lenders, appraisers, home inspectors, escrow, title, and other third parties. give me a call 714-619-4470 office or 714-469-3645 cell phone. I am a local broker and you wont be dissapointed.

Joe Rodriguez
Real Estate Broker
Capstone Realty DRE 01406986 MLO 248651
0 votes
The Preeti B…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Thu May 3, 2012
Real Estate Industry customarily allows all sales commissions to be paid out of the seller's proceeds, according to the terms of the listing agreement.

When the Buyer's broker/agent presents a contract to the Seller, it will include a provision to collect their share of the sales commission, as offered by the listing agent in the MLS.

Please note : Commissions are paid only to licensed agents/brokers. So, to answer your Question- It will not cost you anything !
0 votes
Brad Davidson, Agent, Placentia, CA
Thu May 3, 2012
I'm an independent broker and have helped people before in these types of transactions. Give me a call and we can discuss what you need.

Brad Davidson
Broker - We Help-U-Buy Realty
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Tustin Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more