How much should a home inspection and FHA appraisal cost in Martinez GA, 30907?

Asked by James Tate, 30909 Sun Sep 20, 2009

I will be applying for a 203(k) streamline loan so i know i will need an FHA approved inspector.

Answers

4
rks959, Home Buyer, Augusta, GA
Sun Jul 15, 2012
I had a house inspected on tues 7/10/2012 in Martinez,Ga. and the price was $250.00.The house is a tri-level with 1700 sq. ft.The guy was a certified home inspector and i received a very detailed sheet explaining everything that he checked for.
Franziska Va…, Agent, Augusta, GA
Sat Nov 7, 2009
Hey,
your home inspection cost depends on the size and age of your home and which inspector your are going to use but it should range between $300 to $400.
The Appraisal is probably somewhere around $450 and it is usually part of your closing/loan application cost.
These numbers are estimates only, as I said before the inspection depends on a couple of factors and so does the appraisal. If you need homeinspectors in the area, let me know and I will give you some references, they can quote you their exact prices. Franziska
Natalie Pote…, Agent, Evans, GA
Wed Oct 28, 2009
Interesting questions, but hard to answer without more information on your situation, but I will try to answer them as best I can.
Home inspections can very depending on who you use, and what you want them to do for you. These are not lender required.
You will need to talk to your 203k lender to find out what the price of the appraisal will be, but you will not have control over this. The appraisal will be randomly choosen by your lender.
Hope this help. You can visit my website at http://www.AugustaGeorgiaRealtor.com to view ALL local listings. Good luck, Natalie Poteete/ Remax True Advantage
Michael Ofsa…, Other Pro, Grayslake, IL
Sun Sep 27, 2009
Your FHA appraisal is completely separate from your home inspeciton. Your appraisal will ensure your home meets FHA criteria and estimate its market value. If the home doesn't meet the criteria corrections will need to be made and either your appraiser or an FHA Fee Inspector will ensure the repairs meet FHA criteria.

Your home inspector will advise you on the condition of your home based on good building practices - not FHA criteria.