How much should a buyer offer...?

Asked by Dan, Yorktown, VA Mon Feb 23, 2009

on a home that has been on the market what seems like forever. I've seen homes that have been on the market for 8 months where the seller hasn't budged on price, those that have been on for 6 months but then only come down 2% and still do not sell. As a buyer, what is a good "rule of thumb" for making an offer?

Answers

1
Cindy Jones, Agent, Alexandira, VA
Mon Feb 23, 2009
There isn't necessarily a "rule of thumb" but a buyer's agent representing you could run all of the comps and tell you what similiar homes in the area are selling for. Sometimes sellers who may be upside down on their homes are holding on thinking that they can get what they owe and others just haven't come to accept the current market conditions.

If you aren't represented by a buyers agent in the VA Beach area let me know and I would be glad to put you in touch with a great agent to help you out.
Web Reference:  http://cindyjoneshomes.com