How much off the asking price should I expect/bid for a new build?

Asked by Homeseeker, San Ramon, CA Fri Mar 28, 2008

I'm considering an offer on a home in Campton, and I'm not sure what is the best way to approach the negotiation, what incentives are being offered by competitor builders, etc.

Answers

4
Zia Chernyak, , San Ramon, CA
Sun Mar 30, 2008
Dear Homeseeker,

Hope you're having a great weekend! Before you make an offer at Campton, I would ask - have you visited the Paloma and Saville communities of Windemere and the Belmaison and Belvere communities at Gale Ranch to compare and contrast?

I would recommend that you get insight into what recent homes have sold for within that community. Also, quick sale homes have better incentives, as do the homes where upgrades have been pre-selected for you. I have also seen some builders offer better incentives on dirt lots where construction has not yet begun.

I am currently working with buyers for similar square footage home and am very close and up to date with information on these and other communities in Windemere. If you have your heart set on a Campton home as your dream home and want to discuss your approach, please give me a call at (925) 984-7671 (no obligation!).

The best way to approach the negotiation would be to have a Real Estate Professional negotiate for you and if you're not already working with one, I would be happy to give you a credit back at close of escrow (at New Home communities offering a Broker Co-op) if I represent you.

Zia
AJ Cohen, Agent, Danville, CA
Fri Mar 28, 2008
Homeseeker,
Have you been to the community and if so what model are you looking at? Have you started working with Kathleen or Young or neither? Are you looking to include many options? If you contact me directly at ajcohen@apr.com we can go into details on where they are price wise between the 3 models.
Thanks, AJ Cohen
Johnny Huang,…, Agent, Walnut Creek, CA
Fri Mar 28, 2008
In times like these, you can definately ask for upgrades as part of the price. Builders want to sell their inventory so negotiate those extras that you really want. If you are preapproved, you should have more bargaining power. Start asking for more!
Tim Merge, , 46001
Fri Mar 28, 2008
Usually with Builders they dont want to budge on price. But ask for free options like basements, sunrooms, decks landscaping, etc. Also ask for better than average financing incentives. If you have a home for sale also ask them to buy your home in order to buy thiers.