How much is homeowner's insurance per year on average?

Asked by hoopjones23, 74017 Fri Jul 13, 2012

Answers

9
Kathy Geyer, Agent, Claremore, OK
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Homeowners insurance totally varies depending on the size and location of your home.
If I had to estimate an average for the Claremore area, a median home on a city lot is
probably around $800. If you have a newer home and/ or larger home you could be as
high as $1000 to $1200. Usually, the insurance companies have calculators that can
assist you on their sites. Feel free to call or email me if you would like a recommendation.
Have a great weekend!
Kathy Geyer
Oklahomes Realty
918.698.2644
Myersjulie31, Home Buyer, Blakeslee, PA
Wed Feb 18, 2015
This cost can vary quite a lot, depending on different variables. The insurance can cost more if you have a larger house or if your property is worth more. The cost will also depend on how much coverage you want; for more coverage, it will clearly be more, so it just depends on how much of your home you want covered. I would discuss it with an agent to make sure that you include all the aspects you are looking for. http://littleinsurancegroup.com/homeowners-insurance-calimesa-ca/
John Cantero, Agent, Broken Arrow, OK
Tue Dec 17, 2013
I would contact a local insurance agent and they should be able to give you the best answer.
tpoynton, Home Buyer, Orlando, FL
Tue Dec 10, 2013
Homeowners insurance costs depends on a number of aspects about your home, we could spend about 1 hours writing all this down on here. I would highly recommend contact an Insurance Agency, like Alliance and Associates, http://www.alliance321.com, they can get you a quote from several carriers and make sure all discounts are applied. Or you can call them at 1-877-498-7227.
Flag Tue Dec 10, 2013
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Sat Jul 14, 2012
There is no average. It depends on the location, size, age and condition of the home as well as how much coverage you want in terms of liability, and personal property that you have within your home.
Until you can supply this information to an insurance agent there's not a whole lot anyone can tell you other than to give you a very broad range which won't mean a whole lot.
Sandra Daws…, Agent, Oklahoma City, OK
Sat Jul 14, 2012
this really depends, sorry i cannot give a better answer :( . The amount of your mortgage and exact location of the home are big variables, then it depends on what insurance company you have, what type of coverage you get (are you covered from earthquakes, that type of stuff), and then do you get a discount? I do on mine because i have home, life, and auto all with the same agent... there are just so many factors. My best advice is to get you know your insurance agent well, and if you trust them, let them advise you, if they want you as a customer for life they will guide you in the proper direction.
Carla Muss-J…, , Portland, OR
Fri Jul 13, 2012
Best bet is to conact an INSURANCE AGENT and not a real estate agent. Find an insurance agent in your area and contact them for a quote. Call your car insurance agent, they may also do home insurance coverage and can give you an ACCURATE quote -- 'cause their insurance agents.
Robin Barrett, Agent, Claremore, OK
Fri Jul 13, 2012
It really depends on many different things such as the price of the home, if its in a flood zone, is there a pool, etc.
my home is an average, 120k home, my insurance is approx 1000 a year. no pool, no flood zone....
Steven Eddin…, Agent, Claremore, OK
Fri Jul 13, 2012
The cost of homeowner's insurance can vary widely from company to company. Of course it is based upon the value of the home. A more expensive home costs more to insure. If you are looking within a certain neighborhood, please call me! I can look up current homes and provide you a price range.

Steven Eddington
CENTURY 21 Group One
http://www.TheRingingRealtor.com
918-636-4608 call or text anytime!