How much is a typical house in simi valley cost?

Asked by Sdfrocker, Simi Valley, CA Tue Apr 5, 2011

prices?

Answers

9
Ted Mackel, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Depends on your monthly payment range. The largest volume in sales for the last 24 months has been under $450,000. As you go closer to the $300,000 number you get less house i.e. under 1,500 square feet, smaller lot sizes, fewer amenities, location issues, etc.

The other thing to consider is that in the fall of 2010, mortgage rates were below 4.5%. Any hike in mortgage rates will hurt pricing.

In March 2011 we saw a small increase in the number of single family detached homes sold in Simi Valley, but at the same time we saw the number of homes sold below or at $300,000 increase. This trend started back in December 2010.

People are coming out to buy on price, we saw this when the market hit a low in May 2009 and any time there is a favorable interest rate or competing homes drop there prices, more buyer start to come into the market.
Web Reference:  http://www.homebuysblog.com
Bonnie Sterl…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Tue Apr 5, 2011
For February 2011 the Median home price in Simi Valley was 375,000 up 3.1% month to month and 7.1% year to year. However, this may not represent what you are looking for in a "typical home". Please contact me directly through my profile here at Trulia so I can assist you with your specific home buying needs
Web Reference:  http://www.SimiLiving.com
Richard De La…, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Tue Jul 26, 2011
Dear Home Buyer, Prices in Simi Valley have remained steady and start and the low $200K into the millions depending on the area. To get a more accurate picture of home sales in your neighborhood and see the neighborhood stats and local information, please check out my web site below for a free home search of all the properties available in Simi Valley.
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Sun Jun 5, 2011
Feel free to search all properties in the Zip Code and Size of your choice, using this handy and quick widget (see below). This report contains the most up to date and accurate picture of home sales in your neighborhood. What can you expect the market to do? To find out what this means to you and for your home buying decision - no matter where you are in your decision process, study the results and then consult with a real estate agent that specializes in the Simi Valley area.
Donne Knudsen, , Simi Valley, CA
Sun Jun 5, 2011
While these are all very accurate and realistic price ranges, I'm curious if what you are looking for is what is it going to cost YOU to buy a home in Simi Valley. If you are a low income first time buyer, you may actually be able to buy a home for less than what you would pay to rent that same home.

Simi Valley has a first time buyer program that is specifically geared for the low income buyer. I have been working with this program for many years now and many of my borrowers (especially in the last few years) are buying 3-4bd homes for the same or in many cases less than what they were paying for a 2-3bd rental.

For example, you can purchase a 4-5bd home in Simi Valley for up to 418k and your monthly payment (PITI) would be less than $1,500 a month. In many neighborhoods, you will pay much more than that to rent that same home. Does this answer your question about how much it may cost to buy a home in Simi Valley?
Sabrina Simp…, Agent, Moorpark, CA
Sat Jun 4, 2011
That depends on what your criteria would be. Are you looking for newer construction? How many bedrooms & bathrooms? What square footage? Small lot or large lot? HOA or NO HOA? If you send me your criteria I'd be happy to forward you the current listings in your criteria. Feel free to email me with any questions you may have.
Denny Beckham, Agent, Simi Valley, CA
Tue Apr 5, 2011
From $300,000-400,000, though there's one on the market below $250k. Condos are even less. High-end homes can be over 1 million. Please call me at 805.526.8804 or email me at Info@BeckhamEstateBrokerage.com if I can be of further assistance.
Denny Beckham, Buyer's Broker/Loan Consultant
Barry Shapiro, Agent, Camarillo, CA
Tue Apr 5, 2011
Bonnie and Ted are both well-respected Buyers Agents in Simi Valley. Follow their advice to accomplish your goals in real estate. We always advise Buyers to be pre-approved, first, so you'll know how much you can afford in advance. Learn as much as you can about short sales vs. REOs vs. equity sales. Welcome to the wonderful world of homeownership.
Janey Bishop, Agent, Encino, CA
Tue Apr 5, 2011
average $400,000 but the range is $300-$700 for fhe vast majority
It is an easy commute to Conejo Valley and the San Frenando Valley. It is a very family-oriented community.
I would be happy to help you look.