How much is a top floor (3rd floor) condo worth as compared to an identical 2nd floor condo in the same building?

Asked by Patrick Muffo, 60712 Sun Apr 24, 2011

Wondering if I can afford a condo. The condo is on the 3rd floor of a 3 floor building. An identical 2nd floor condo sold last year for 502,500. Any help is appreciated!

Answers

4
Barbara Anga…, Agent, Chicago, IL
Mon Apr 25, 2011
Though our market is lower than last years. There are to many variables to directly answer that question without seeing the unit. Are they the exact same unit number & just one floor higher? Same layout, exposure, view, finishes, appliances. If they are all the same, Top floor might be more desirable. A good idea is to look up the original selling prices, even a better garage spot might sell for more. If you need an agent who would research all this further for you to make a wise informative purchase. If you need a lender who would explain all the costs involved to assist if you could afford it, I work with many.Give me a call!

Barbara Angarone
Century 21 McMullen Real Estate, Inc.
c 773-875-3953
Linda Dressl…, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Patrick:

Usually square footage and updates will determine the price of a unit. Prices too have changed a lot in the past 12 months.... and could vary based on the supply of condos in the building you are looking at. Feel free to contact me directly and I can look up exact comparatives for you at today's prices to give you a better idea.

Linda Dressler, SRES, SFR, ADPR
(847) 809-1257
Cathi Weaver, Agent, Chicago, IL
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Hi Patrick,

I'd be happy to talk with you about looking for a condo and if that is feasible.

Feel free to call me if I can assist you! My office is in Park Ridge.

Cathi Weaver
Keller Williams Realty Partners
847-477-3494
Web Reference:  http://www.CathiWeaver.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Apr 24, 2011
Much would depend on exact location, size, condition, etc.; consider working with an agent of your own, he/she will be your best guide....