How much is a Title Search and Title Insurance in NJ?

Asked by Homelynx, 07040 Wed Apr 28, 2010

The buyer has to pay for a Title Search and also Title Insurance. How much is this in NJ?

Answers

5
Laura Gianno…, Agent, Manahawkin, NJ
Thu Apr 29, 2010
There is a rate calcuator online. Follow this link...

http://www.alphaadv.net/njtitle/njratecalc.html

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Realty - Atlantic Shore
Corey Grushin, Agent, East Brunswick, NJ
Thu Apr 29, 2010
Here is a linbk to another calculator I think is a little easier to use. Title insuarance costs are based on the purchase price of the property. a search normally costs about $125 but there are additional fees as well. Use the calculators tab onthe website if u=you want to see other costs as well.
Robin Silver…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Garden City, NY
Wed Apr 28, 2010
You can do one of a few things to find out exactly, do a search on-line for New Jersey Title Insurance Calculator. That's what I do when I need to quote for a Good Faith Estimate. You can also ask your attorney, or a loan officer. I see that you are a seller. The buyer will pay for the title searches and title insurance. You will have to pay the transfer tax. You should ask your attorney to let you know what that will be, and if there are any other filing fees that you will need to pay.
Carrie, Home Seller, 07717
Wed May 2, 2012
my husband is on the deed and i am on the mortgage. he wants to sell the property. what happens to the mortgage/ c
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Apr 28, 2010
There is a formula to calculate it, on a graduating scale, and it depends on the price of the home, and/or mortgage amount. You can have a policy covering the loan, required by the mortgage company, or an owner's policy, too.

If you email me the numbers, I can get back to you with an exact figure tomorrow.