How much in an offer should I make on an asking price of $96,000 on a home in Coffeyville, KS?

Asked by Drobeyr, Coffeyville, KS Wed Jun 22, 2011

Answers

6
Bstatom, Home Buyer, Heber Springs, AR
Mon Jul 16, 2012
I have a home in Coffeyville that I will be putting on the market in the next few weeks, it is slightly less than the price you mentioned, but I have not yet listed it with a real estate agent which could save us both money, it is on the west side of town in a desirable neighborhood, reply to your posting if interested.
If you would like to email be just let me know!!
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012
If anyone replied to you I am curious about the home?!?! My family is searching the marker!!! :)
Flag Sat Jul 28, 2012
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Wed Jun 22, 2011
Drobeyr,
If I was the listing agent, I'd tell you to offer at least $96,000. If I'm your buyer’s agent, I'm going to do research about the recent sales of comparable homes. Guessing how much is a dangerous game. The price may be high, low or fair but without solid research on the property knowing it current condition, upgrades and whether the seller has any equity or if it's a short sale no one should give you specific advice.
Have a local agent show you this home and any they feel are similar so you can make an informed decision and then work with them on an offer strategy to get you a good value.
Shanna Rogers, Agent, Murrieta, CA
Wed Jun 22, 2011
Hi Drobeyr,

Have your Realtor do a Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) on the property using Sold comps within a 1 mile radius of the property (the closer, the better) that have sold within the last 3 months. This will give you market value and this is what you should base your offer on. Listing Price may be too high (seller needs to cover loan) or it may be too low (to generate offers and a 'bidding war').

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jun 22, 2011
Review comps with your agent, recently sold similar properties in the immediate area, see what the data suggests and go from there...
Dawn Lindner, Agent, Topeka, KS
Wed Jun 22, 2011
Hi there, Drobeyr. I am Dawn Lindner, an agent with Coldwell Banker in Topeka, KS. Do you have a Buyer's agent? Well, if you should need some help give me a call. 785-213-7910
Michael Emer…, Agent, Mission Viejo, CA
Wed Jun 22, 2011
Drobeyr, Where is your REALTOR agent? When it comes to buying a home you need professional assistance and experience. The home seller pays commissions to agents. It costs you nothing...so seek some professional advice and close the deal. Good luck.
True but let the buyer beware as, if you have an agent who is only interested in his commission and not your well being you may have more trouble than if you flew by the seat of your pants!
Flag Fri Feb 15, 2013