How much does it cost to demolish two separate 600sf homes located on a 7 acre parcel.?

Asked by appraisers, New York, NY Thu Sep 13, 2012

Answers

3
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Tue Sep 18, 2012
If there are no caustic or carcinogenic i.e. asbestos, formaldahyde chemicals, or septic systems that will have to be professionally remediated all you need to do is detach all the utilities from the dwellings call in a demo crew with an endloader and a graple and you can make those homes go away in a day for a few thousand dollars. I've been doing demo work for almost 30 years and it's really not all that compicated.

Contact the building department in your area and they should be able to tell you what you'll have to do. Most building municipalities will require a demolition permit but they are generally not that expensive nor difficult to obtain.
Thanks very much. I'm going to keep your website for future use. We also have a personal property we have been thinking about moving to another location. It is located in the middle of 20 acres. Zoining has recently changed from Ag to residential. When it sells to a contractor is when we'll need to do something. House has been in the family since early 1900s. Thanks again.
Flag Tue Sep 18, 2012
Wesley Willi…, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
probably $40,000 per house was the last I heard, which could vary depending on location and other unknown factors.
jan detomaso, Agent, Bakersfield, CA
Thu Sep 13, 2012
It really depends on a number of issues.....are they on slab foundation that also needs to be removed, are there septic vaults involved, is there wiring and plumbing that needs to be addressed....it is not as simple as cost. Also the location, are they in a rural area off a dirt road? I would really need more information to help you.....you can reach me at 661-431-4194, my name if Jan DeTomaso and I am a realtor with Keller Williams in Bakersfield, CA.
Thank you! Houses are on Concrete Perm, septic services both houses and an additional house that will be remaining on the property. Neither house has plumbing or electrical.
They are located on an asphalt road in Pumpkin Center. We are looking for an estimate on this as the lender needs to know an approximate cost. Maybe it would be cheaper if we get an estimate on moving the properties. They are pretty trashed, but good project home homes. Thank y
Flag Thu Sep 13, 2012