Mary, Home Buyer in Martinez, CA

How much does a school district affect property values?

Asked by Mary, Martinez, CA Sun Jun 8, 2008

I understand that there is an effort to transfer some schools from Mt. Diablo Unified School District to Walnut Creek and Acalanes Union High School districts. I am looking for a single-family property in Walnut Creek and was weighing the two school districts. I was wondering if anyone thought the transfer would be successful, and if so, would it increase property values in the areas of Walnut Creek that would be transferred. I am wondering about both the Northgate area and Northwest Walnut Creek (although I am looking at all areas of Walnut Creek). Any information you could provide would be helpful.

Answers

1
Eric Bryant, , Long Beach, CA
Sun Jun 8, 2008
I disagree with the prior answer, a school district typically has nothing to do with property value. The desire to go to that school may increase the demand for the area, but not the value! It may give you an edge when competing with a similar property in a lesser school district. Best of Luck! The Coach
Web Reference:  http://askPCR.com