How much can one expect to pay on average for the additional cost for a lanai-enclosed pool?

Asked by Upnorth, Drummond Island, MI Wed Apr 15, 2009

Answers

4
Mark Washburn, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu Apr 16, 2009
The estimates below are at the low end of the pricing spectrum for a basic/entry level new pool and screen enclosure. Additional features and design elements can add up quickly and raise the cost of the pool rather dramatically. If you are looking for the "average" cost of a new pool, the mid $30s is probably a better number to budget for.

Good luck in your search!
Louise Warri…, , Lake Mary, FL
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Hi Upnorth-- One thing that you might want to consider is that you usually don't get the cost of the pool back for many years when you add it to a resale home. For instance, if you spend $20-$30,000 to add a pool to a home for which you paid $200,000, it may only increase the appraised value by $8,000-$12,000 if you were to try to sell it within a couple of years. Generally speaking, if you are wanting a home with a pool and know that you will add it after you move in, you should really be looking at homes that already have pools. They make the most sense if you also have the goal of realizing the most $$ appreciation when you move on.

In any event, Florida is a fantastic place to find exceptional values in real estate. You can search for homes in Bonita Springs (and anywhere in Florida) by going to http://www.FloridaMoves.com/Louise.Warring and inputting the zipcode or city.

Happy House Hunting!
Louise Warring
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
Kimberly Lang, Agent, Bonita Springs, FL
Thu Apr 16, 2009
Sarah is correct in her estimate. I know of one company who is an approved vendor for our office here at Keller Williams sells a basic package for $23,500 (this includes a decent sized pool, screen enclosure, AND paver deck. Yes, there are different options that you can include for additional cost.
Contact me and I can forward you their information.

Kimberly Lang
Keller Williams Elite Realty
239-949-8338
239-677-8773 cell
Kimberly@KimberlyLang.net
http://www.SWFloridaHomeSearch.com
Sarah Garrett, Agent, Fort Myers, FL
Wed Apr 15, 2009
Hello Upnorth Home Buyer,
You can plan on a standard pool with minimum bib and screen enclosure with one standard door and pump to start around $19,000.00. Other add on's would include: heating (solor vs heat pump), extra ladders, special design, extra footage of concret bib, pavers, lighting, fountains, spas, plants etc. When you are ready I can give the names of several reputable companies to select from. You may also use this site to find homes that come with pools by adding that to the additional search criteria: http://www.swfloridahomebuyer.listingbook.com. Please feel free to ask me questions about any of the Florida Gulfcoast MLS properties you find that interest you or you would like to have me preinspect for you. Hope to help you find your piece of paradise in SW Florida.

Sarah Garrett, Realtor
ALLIANCE REALTY GROUP
"Chosen Best in Client Satisfaction 2006-2008"
By Gulfshore Lift Magazine
sarahgarrett@argfl.com
239-464-8620